Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we can all agree that aside from the STi and the WRX, Subaru's interiors can best be described as blehhhhhhh. I recently outfitted my 14 Premium with a new stereo with touchscreen. Aside from that, what are some interior mods to make by OB actually a place you want to sit in?

·
Registered
13 3.6 SAP
156 Posts
I know some guys have added foam to the seat bolstering to hold you better. You can also swap in a 15+ Sti or wrx steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium (The Superoo), Graphite Gray Metallic, CVT, Yoko Geolandar G015 AT 225/65R-17
236 Posts
Upgrading the interior lighting to LED.
Adding a lighting kit to the cup holders.
Husky vs. Weathertech floor liners. (I chose Husky)

I don't know what else I would want to do. I'm pretty content with the interior as is other than the above upgrade wishlist.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,913 Posts
The best interior mods are:

1. LED swap,

2. Either Weathertech or Husky mats front, middle and cargo and

3. NuShield DayVue navi screen protector for the anti-glare properties.

·
Registered
2011 3.6R Limited
6 Posts
The best interior mods are:

1. LED swap,

2. Either Weathertech or Husky mats front, middle and cargo and

3. NuShield DayVue navi screen protector for the anti-glare properties.
Any recommendation on which LED's to go with? I want to get away from incandescent inside and out eventually.

·
Registered
2014 Outback Limited 2.5im 2012 Impreza Limited
74 Posts
Although maybe not what you'd think of as an interior mod, having a quality full window tinting done offered me the benefits of: Interior stays cooler (keeps my dark leather seats from getting hot), less glare from bright headlights in side and rear view mirrors, security in that it is almost impossible to see what's in the rear seats and back area, glare and heat from the sun coming in the side windows when driving is greatly reduced.

Factory tinting does not offer any UV protection, but quality film tinting does, supposedly 100%. My plastic and leather seats will get less sun damage. Also, having a custom sun shade for the windshield really helps protect the dash, and keeps the car cool when parked. I spend the winters in Arizona, so this is a must.

Best mod I ever did to any car. I had the darkest tint installed that is allowed in my home state. Doesn't really affect vision looking out, even at night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts