Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the best app to track the mpg and create logs for my new car. I'd like to track it from my first fill up forward so I'll need to get one by the end of the week. What do you guys use? I have an iphone. Thanks!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I use fuelly.com.

After creating a profile you can txt your fill up info and it adds it to your profile.

You can also use a www browser to add/edit your entries.

Joel

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,870 Posts
I use Fuelly, an app on my Android tablet and an Excel sheet. The Android app and Excel sheet also track maintenance where Fuelly only tracks fuel. Never hurts to keep it in multiple places.

Also, no need to have it right away, just write the mileage on the receipt and enter it once you have your solution. I actually don't enter mine right away, I write it down then enter later.

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Touring (Wilderness Green)
376 Posts
For the iPhone, two apps I like are Gas Cubby and AccuFuel. Gas Cubby has an ad-supported version you can try which also tracks maintenance as well. AccuFuel is about as simple as it gets for just MPG reporting. I used that a lot until fuelly.

I just pin the Fuelly entry page to my home screen and can enter at the pump. I wish there was a sort of mobile dashboard view like AccuFuel has though.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
I second (or 3rd.. or 4th) fuelly.com

They have a great mobile page that works on touch phones. I use it on my iPhone. I have a shortcut for each car. I have my wife trained to text me the mileage and keep a receipt if she fills up too ;)
The text feature is also convinient.

You can sign into the full website and add a note too. It's not the most straightforward or easy method, but there's an option. That's how I track my maintenence. Oil change etc. You can also add reminders to send you an e-mail after so many miles to remind you of certain maintenence.

I've tried a few apps, and none of them allowed you to export or import data. Fuelly lets you do both rather easily.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,348 Posts
I have an Android and I use "Car Maintenance Reminder." Awesome free app which lets you track fuel and all of you car's maintenance needs. I don't see it on the App Store though so it might just be an Android thing.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
I use Fuelly, but don't really use it from my phone. I write the mileage on the gas receipt and enter it into fuelly at the same time that I deduct the amount from my checking on an Excel spreadsheet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts