Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,426 Posts
Ships from NH ... my most recent parts LH and RH (stay support for rear hatch gate)... delivery anytime now.

I ordered so far about 10 items from them and they had the best prices (and discounts) and the lowest shipping costs. Many of these online stores make up for the discounts with higher shipping costs...

Trust me, I am in shipping biz and I always make a thorough research.
been in the professional shipping game before, and I watch that very closely.
Goods +tax+ freight = what your wallet pays,...your brain has to deal with the frustration of half assed sellers and shippers.

and :29: to the regular US post office for FINALLY after 14 year getting a handle on computerized tracking info
and also partnering with UPS, FedEx, and DHL, for cheaper local delivery.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Most USPS workers/carriers don't like this "partnership" as they have to work now on Saturdays and Sundays.
But, thanks to that and delivery of junk mail, that's what keeps USPS running nowadays...
Before Amazon signed up with them they gave them an ultimatum to fix their computerized tracking - and they indeed did just that! I heard (in the grapevine) that they (USPS) bought Amazon's software from them...

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,426 Posts
Most USPS workers/carriers don't like this "partnership" as they have to work now on Saturdays and Sundays.
But, thanks to that and delivery of junk mail, that's what keeps USPS running nowadays...
Before Amazon signed up with them they gave them an ultimatum to fix their computerized tracking - and they indeed did just that! I heard (in the grapevine) that they (USPS) bought Amazon's software from them...
well, this is one of the cases of no body does it better. Even the US CIA keeps some of their stuff on Amazon's massive computer system in a customized secure area. ...probably not where they keep your ugly christmas sweater order.

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon with 2.5L NA Auto
46 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,426 Posts
subarupartswarehouse.com

coupon code 30% off - BAS30 EDIT: code is BAS15 for 30% off

expires tomorrow = monday night at midnight. ... through 9/28.
(not much time to shop) :frown2:

new daily show / host

then the Nightly

At midnight back to At Midnight

·
Registered
16 Posts
Based on suggestions from early in this thread, I utilized Liberty Subaru in Emerson, NJ. I needed a driver's side outside rear view mirror to replace one I broke. Spoke to them on Monday, they got it next day to their location, got it out Tuesday to me via UPS, and I had it in hand Friday. Shipping included, I still got it quicker and cheaper than ordering from my nearest dealer (75 miles away) and having them charge me full MSRP plus marked up shipping and tax. Good experience with Liberty...

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5 XT Limited 5speed Manual
6 Posts
Buying parts online for my subaru is kinda a pain in the *ss. Wish FCP Euro would make an FCP Asia or at least FCP Subaru. their website is super easy to find what you need, at decent prices and awesome shipping rates. they got kits and packages for a lot of the common maintenance jobs also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's a site i used before for my O.E. parts their pretty cheap and they had a customer service call center with real people answering the phones from the U.S. even, LOL. but when i needed a technical question i had to email them but they were fast at getting back to me. https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/

·
Registered
'01 Base OBW w/5MT & AWP, Wintergreen
104 Posts
I just purchased five clutch fork related parts from Subaru Genuine Parts | Buy Subaru Parts and Accessories Online aka, Chaplin's Bellevue Subaru in WA and was very pleased. I placed my order at noon on April 4th and received it via USPS Priority Mail today, April 6th. They were the most reasonable in regards to shipping charges at $8.00 or so, too, while the other sites I checked were in the $12-$13+ range for shipping the same parts order.

·
Registered
2007 Outback Limited
6 Posts
subarugenuineparts.com as mentioned is in Bellevue WA - they have much cheaper prices than the dealer - I called Chaplins and asked about a valve cover for my 07 outback - they quoted me over $100. Online at the subarugenuineparts.com it was $45 - and I could choose pick up. so I go to the same desk and pay less than 1/2 the dealer quote - seems like a better deal to me. And then rockauto fir me is far and away the best choice (just my 2 cents worth)

·
Registered
'03 Outback H6 VDC wagon - 117k
85 Posts
subarugenuineparts.com as mentioned is in Bellevue WA
Just spotted your post and am so glad I did donseattle. I'm in need of a few parts (namely a $$ Throttle Position Sensor) that have been dragging my feet to buy. But this is a great lead! Chaplins is always at the top end price wise. Although they saved me this Christmas -

·
Premium Member
2001 OB LLB H-6
28 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,426 Posts
kind of get a page 404- BUT toggle the menu and all is good. Nice site, thanks
the links in this thread are old. so you have to search on them a bit with google.

FYI subarupartswarehouse may have another 31% off sale from like May 25 to May 31.
(typically for memorial day in the past few years).

(that is the dealer known as Premier, in brandford CT.).

they had one at 31% off in the end of last month. at that time:
I bought from them a $103 fuel filler pipe delivered.

it came in slightly cheaper then mighty monster Heuberger in Colorado,
our own sponsor "subaruonlineparts" of hicksville, NY,
and big quirkparts.com of quincy mass.

(typically I pull the part # off one of the easy look up sites running "revolution" parts software, like "subaruonlineparts" or "quirkparts"

and then go to the ones that don't use it, or google search on the # on that site, as some have gotten hard to drill through their menus and crap to get to the thing you want. (I mean like its worse then ever ).

·
Premium Member
2001 OB LLB H-6
28 Posts
I got a few Jeep parts from JC Whitney ^^ Wow, from my high school days (1965) Prices were good and they went the 'longest yard' to find things I couldn't locate anywhere else.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/
Going to drag a couple abandoned junk yards next week to make a list of what is there (mostly for my Jeep) Would like to find a rear hitch apparatus that will work out even with modification and some arrangement for the front to hook up a tow bar.
I have looked at some of the stuff listed in the Forum so far, and would rather 9cheap-o) see if I can come up with workable alternatives.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,426 Posts
I got a few Jeep parts from JC Whitney ^^ Wow, from my high school days (1965) Prices were good and they went the 'longest yard' to find things I couldn't locate anywhere else.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/
Going to drag a couple abandoned junk yards next week to make a list of what is there (mostly for my Jeep) Would like to find a rear hitch apparatus that will work out even with modification and some arrangement for the front to hook up a tow bar.
I have looked at some of the stuff listed in the Forum so far, and would rather 9cheap-o) see if I can come up with workable alternatives.
are you thinking of flat towing your subaru 4 wheels down? can only do that with old manuals ....not automatics.

automatics need 4 wheels off the ground (on trailers / flat beds).

and 2 wheels down/ 2 wheels up on a dolly: = need to unhook drive shafts. and sucks vs. other ways to tow.

·
Premium Member
2001 OB LLB H-6
28 Posts
are you thinking of flat towing your subaru 4 wheels down? can only do that with old manuals ....not automatics.

automatics need 4 wheels off the ground (on trailers / flat beds).

and 2 wheels down/ 2 wheels up on a dolly: = need to unhook drive shafts. and sucks vs. other ways to tow.
Not on my mind at present. You bring up interesting information. Had not thought that far ahead.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 3.0R Outback 5EAT SI-Drive, Push Start JDM 130k km
252 Posts
i've used international sites https://partsouq.com and https://amayama.com no probs, the parts are genuine and saved plenty cash. buying parts in nz is expensive at the dealership and other suppliers also there's sometimes not too much choice at the wreckers.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts