Subaru Outback Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Premium
8 Posts
I remember ordering parts from an old JC Whitney magazine for my 78 Volkswagen Dasher. Glad to hear they’re still around.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,426 Posts
JCwhitney,...have not really thought of them since my VW days either....20 plus years ago.

subaru dealers:
recently been buying from Heuberger in colorado,
came up cheaper even on sales weekends then Quirk in Mass, and subarupartswarehouse of CT

and Amazon subaru dealers for maint items. (like OEM filters)

for generics: Rockauto is pretty good, (but check that inbound mail / freight charge).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Guys!

Greetings! !!
Hope you are doing well. i wanna request all of you guys to suggest me best purchase point for Subaru Outback spare parts as car of mine all most become old. that's why maintenance become compulsory.

Waiting to hear from your end n thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2006 OB Limited
20 Posts
Rockauto has never let me down. If it is a part I need to really have for main engine, I use local subie dealer cause 20% off and I know them well. lol

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5 Limited w ES. Tungsten.
122 Posts
Canada: autopartsway.ca, dalesalignment.com,
Just a heads up on autopartsway. May be OK if nothing goes wrong with order, but I had very bad experience when I received some defective parts.

Have never dealt with them since.

·
Registered
2006 Outback XT Ltd 5MT
69 Posts
I use discountpartsmonster.com out of Hollywood, FL for my Subaru and Toyota parts. It takes about a week for them to pick and ship to me in Houston, so I have to plan ahead. No free 2 day shipping.

·
Premium Member
2001 OB LLB H-6
28 Posts
My parts depot of choice NAPA

I have used all the local nationwide stores- O'Reilly, Advance and Autozone. All are decent. I use NAPA mainly because they usually have two levels of parts, the DIY quality like the others and a professional quality usually missing from the others.
Here's a couple examples:
NAPA gold oil filters are WIX- simply the best you can get and the correct bypass pressure unlike the other stores listed above.
Pro parts at reasonable prices such as the alternator. 120amp instead of 75 or 90 and slips on easily. Had to get a 1/2" longer upper mounting bolt @ 95cents.
1 day delivery to store and I live in an out of the way place.
$40 core!

Here's a pic of order sheet-

15 minute job.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Outback
719 Posts
My girlfriend works at a dealership. The price I can get (employee price) has been right around my local dealership cost.

I order stuff through a closer and bigger chain dealership. I pick up there for no shipping cost.

Research = saving money

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5L CVT RIP 1980 GL wagon automatic RIP 1982 GL wagon 4 spd. 4WD, 1990 GL wagon 5 spd
4 Posts
In the 80s, I always took my Subaru to a shop called SuperRu. The name is now Super Repair in Boulder Co. Not sure if legally they had to change their name, but I had a neighbor with an older Outback several years ago looking for a hard to find used part. Super Repair had it. Did a Google search and saw they are still there and sell new and used parts. They really know Subaru and when I need parts for my new (17) Outback, I will call them even though I live in Ohio now.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts