Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 OBW, 2002 WRX wagon
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched on ebay and not too many options are there...where are you gents and ladies buying them these days? The cheapest I've found so far is ~$369 including shipping from the cont. US to here.

I have a 2000 Outback Ltd. I'm going to upgrade these and then get some Baja springs before winter sets in up here in late August.

·
Registered
2000 OBW, 2002 WRX wagon
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, looks like it really isn't the best price. Tirerack has them beat by a long shot.

Primitive says that GR2's are $359 for the set, shipping via USPS Intl Priority Airmail is $159, via Fed Ex Intl Ground is $73.50 (I live in Canada).

Tirerack is $310 plus shipping and duties, likely much cheaper when all is said and done.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,665 Posts
Thanks, looks like it really isn't the best price. Tirerack has them beat by a long shot.

Primitive says that GR2's are $359 for the set, shipping via USPS Intl Priority Airmail is $159, via Fed Ex Intl Ground is $73.50 (I live in Canada).

Tirerack is $310 plus shipping and duties, likely much cheaper when all is said and done.
might not do much better than that - guess you checked Amazon and RockAuto ?

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
rockauto and advanced auto parts - and look for online coupon codes you can get 25% and sometimes even higher discounts.

advance auto usually has a 20% coupon code right on this forum for brake parts even.

the ones i bought were $60 and change each for GR2's for the rear....i think from rockauto with a discount code but i can't remember, i buy too many parts to keep track.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What about the springs. I priced at Tirerack as well, but those dont appear to include any springs. Are you getting King or other type bundled or buying separate?

·
Registered
2000 OBW, 2002 WRX wagon
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roadtrippin, I'm buying 05+ Baja springs from the dealer. Just looking for KYBs.

Grossgary and 1LuckyTexan, thanks for the info about advance auto (we don't have that up here...cool, coupon codes! Didn't even think of that) and Amazon...I have not looked there nor have I used either of them.

I find the Rock Auto website less than easy to navigate....although I have had good experiences buying other parts from them.

I might be able to get a parts car locally for $1200 that has good susp, tires, engine, etc! Pretty stoked actually.

·
Registered
01 Outback base
195 Posts
I'm sorry, i feel really ignorant, what is a GR2?

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
The name of the KYB strut that fits our vehicles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts