Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My xhusband gave my daughter this vehicle and neither one of us are mechanics, nor are we dating mechanics. I’d like to get as much for her as I can but, it needs a lot of work. We are in Las Vegas.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,317 Posts
craigslist.

what does it need for work? how many miles are on it?

Reactions: txmnjim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure exactly what it needs. Both airbags are deployed and it definitely needs tires. Not a good choice for a teenage girl

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,317 Posts
as great as the 1995 engine cars are, that is a whole lot of miles on something for sale. that needs airbags.

parts or repair its like a $500 thing to a buyer.

,...maybe $200-300 as scrap or to a junk yard.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,406 Posts
I wouldn't buy something with 280k, deployed airbags, new tires, and more unknowns on it for anything more than 100$

Even fixed up it's worth less than 1000$ You're looking at 500$ for tires and and a similar cost for airbags.

I would call up a local scrap hound. Or donate it as a tax write off.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,317 Posts
I wouldn't buy something with 280k, deployed airbags, new tires, and more unknowns on it for anything more than 100$

Even fixed up it's worth less than 1000$ You're looking at 500$ for tires and and a similar cost for airbags.

I would call up a local scrap hound. Or donate it as a tax write off.
I was being polite considering it would be a rust free desert car. (as per the IP)

...however finding someone that loves subarus of that type maybe hard. and even then they maybe the only buyer, ...and pick up such things for $100 -200.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts