Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Outback 2.0XT, Audi TTq, Ducati M750
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I feel silly asking this after an engine swap and all the other stuff I've done, but what is the best bushing for the rear position on the front control arms? I know Outbacks then to wear them out quick because of the lift, and since mine is an inch higher it'll be an even bigger issue. I could just use a stock one and I know it's not THAT big of a deal, but I hate to use an inferior part unless there is literally no other option. There are a million options for the Legacy but I wouldn't trust any of those with a lift, especially a stiffer one like I'd prefer, so although something more aggressive would be preferred I don't know if that's even possible. Is there any kind of captured spherical bearing bushing, or something similar, that would allow for a greater range of motion without tearing?

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
It depends.

Subaru makes STI and GroupN bushings for certain years that will work. Megan Racing makes some solid rubber ones. WhiteLine makes about 10 different ones in different designs.

I have used the MR, I like them, they are on someone elses car now. I have also used a Prothane which I currently have on Cherry, I like them.

I am not sure about range of motion or comfort over stock. Most options offer less since most are harder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts