Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the Sierra Subaru of Monrovia where I purchased our Subaru Outback. I initially called them last May for service but was told that they had a backlog because of a recall. The service department then told me that they would call me back when they have a time slot available. It never happened. I did not get a call back.

So I called last week and scheduled an appointment for today. Now I am being told that because I skipped the previous appointment date for service under my Subaru Added Security Maintenance package, they will not perform those covered service items even if they were the ones who said they had no room for me last May.

I had to pay a premium for the Subaru Added Security Maintenance package. But this dealership was unwilling to provide the coverage even though they were the one who was unable to accommodate me back in May.

I am disappointed with my first interaction with this service department. And to think that I purchased our Outback from them. They are unwilling to work with a customer after purchase.

I live in Santa Clarita, 45 miles one way from here. I used to get service from Galpin Subaru in Santa Clarita but they closed down. I did not know where to go for service for our Outback and thought that going to the dealership where we bought it would be best. It was not. I will have to find another Subaru service department who will treat Subaru owners better. I will share my experience with my forum groups so they will be informed.

If anyone reading this have suggestions, it will be very helpful.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,177 Posts
Read the contract language on your Subaru Added Security Maintenance package and see what it has to say about this situation.

Personally, I don't like such contracts, and I won't buy them.

Seems in this case selling these plans provides them a pretty good profit margin for the dealer service department.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts