Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change ATF and AT filter on my friend's 2007 Outback with 2.5L engine. I assume on-line prices will be better than local dealer. What on-line supplier do you folks recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 OBW 5MT 2.5i, Satin White Pearl
71 Posts
I need to change ATF and AT filter on my friend's 2007 Outback with 2.5L engine. I assume on-line prices will be better than local dealer. What on-line supplier do you folks recommend? Thanks.
Depends on what kind of fluid you are looking for. I've used Amsoil fluids for the past 9 years so that's where I'd start (one that meets the specifications listed in the owner's manual).

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,151 Posts
There are very few fluids that meet the ATF HP spec. Dealer may be the best option. I do recommend OEM for the AT filter.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,077 Posts
try to find some pricing on the Subaru ATF-HP online (fred beans or subarugenuineparts.com ,etc.) then, take that price with you and ask the local dealer parts guy if he can get close to that price. I've had luck twice with a price match and a 'discounted price' doing that. Due to the cost of shipping fluids - buying locally will probably be competitive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on what kind of fluid you are looking for. I've used Amsoil fluids for the past 9 years so that's where I'd start (one that meets the specifications listed in the owner's manual).
Sorry for not being more clear. I am looking for genuine Subaru parts only. I found SubaruWRX.com and am very happy with them. I am still interested in knowing which on-line Subaru suppliers others use for future reference.

·
Registered
Mine: '05 Legacy 2.5GT sedan; Hers: '12 Outback 3.6R Limited
76 Posts
I have used the following with great results:

www.subaruonlineparts.com - 2012 Outback accessories.

www.fredbeansparts.com - ATF/HP fluid, transmission filters, oil filters, suspension bushings, and interior components for the 2005 Legacy GT.

www.subaruparts.com - ATF/HP fluid, transmission filters, oil filters, and brake components for the 2005 Legacy GT.

·
Registered
2005 Outback LLBean H6
1 Posts
Sorry, but I am in Costa Rica and the Subaru dealer here has no clue what ATF HP stands for. I brought my Outback with me when I moved here, but I am truly between a rock and hard place in this regard.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,371 Posts
. I am still interested in knowing which on-line Subaru suppliers others use for future reference.
subarugenuineparts
subaruwarehouse
subarupartsonline

there's a bunch - prices are often close -t he biggest difference may be in shipping which isn't apples to apples so there's no "best" one.

find one that's close to you and well mentioned so you cut a day or so off of shipping times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts