Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 500$ from Subaru - looking to lease 2020 Limited - what is best way to use this ? Can I make my deal and use it for fees, tax, etc ?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT white
68 Posts
How did you get a loyalty coupon?

I am a current 2015 Outback owner and requested a loyalty coupon. This is the response I got:
:Start
We are happy to learn that you are interested in purchasing a new Subaru! At this time, we do not have a specific Owner Loyalty Program in place where we provide customers with rebates to purchase new vehicles. I can tell you though that when owners purchase a Maintenance Plan for their new vehicle, included with this purchase is a coupon for $500.00 off a future Subaru purchase. If you are planning on considering future purchases of additional Subaru vehicles, this would be a great investment!

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance. Have fun car shopping!

Sincerely,

Kelly Shinault
Subaru of America, Inc
:Stop

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited
613 Posts

I am a current 2015 Outback owner and requested a loyalty coupon. This is the response I got:
We are happy to learn that you are interested in purchasing a new Subaru! At this time, we do not have a specific Owner Loyalty Program in place where we provide customers with rebates to purchase new vehicles. I can tell you though that when owners purchase a Maintenance Plan for their new vehicle, included with this purchase is a coupon for $500.00 off a future Subaru purchase. If you are planning on considering future purchases of additional Subaru vehicles, this would be a great investment!

Sincerely,

Kelly Shinault
Subaru of America, Inc
Based on what I've read you'll have better luck if you call them.

·
Registered
2020 Outback 2.5i Limited
56 Posts
I bought a 2017 Outback as a CPO car, then added the extended warranty for $995. I did get the $500 coupon with it, and used it when I bought my 2020 Outback. I then applied for the refund on the unused portion of my warranty and got a refund check for $716.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, Crystal White Pearl
79 Posts
My first two subarus, I ordered the Gold maintenence plan, and was given this $500 loyalty coupon. I did not make full use out of the maintenance due to the dealer being out of the way, but the coupon helped me come out ahead. I didn't get it this time around because I want to do maintenance at the shop next to my office

I applied it toward the new car. I leased so I didn't pay anything the day of, just signed and drove. Since I was turning in a lease, they also gave me another $500 loyalty discount, which effectively paid for the first month. I don't know if that particular discount is simply for $500, or for your first month's payment up to $500. My payment is $502 and they waived the extra $2

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse) 2016 Outback Limited (Daughter)
591 Posts
The Loyalty Rebate is just that...a rebate...that is applied as a form of payment to your deal. For a lease, it would reduce the capital cost which is used to calculate your monthly payment. You should negotiate your vehicle cost FIRST before bringing the rebate into play....always negotiate vehicle cost before discussing lease payments!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
185 Posts
Negotiate your best deal on the lease, then bring up the loyalty coupon. The Dealer gets paid back for the voucher so its important to be happy with your deal, then bring it in.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Negotiate your best deal on the lease, then bring up the loyalty coupon. The Dealer gets paid back for the voucher so its important to be happy with your deal, then bring it in.
Yes , would never put money down on a lease but would pay fees like MV , etc up front - I am assuming I could use it for that - correct?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
185 Posts
Yes , would never put money down on a lease but would pay fees like MV , etc up front - I am assuming I could use it for that - correct?
You can certainly use it to reduce the cost of the overall package, which will save you money in lease payments and give you better residual in the end.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Sincerely,

Kelly Shinault
Subaru of America, Inc
You need to call them on the phone and tell them you are considering buying/leasing another Subaru and are aware of the customer loyalty program. I told them that - they offered me 250$ . Like any negotiation - there is always more.
Basically told them I was disappointed with that and was considering a number of different vehicles - I like Subaru but there are many choices out there. Kind of sad that you need to put it that way but I wound up with 500$ - the coupon is good for 1 year

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT Magnetite Gray Metallic / Java Brown Leather
433 Posts
I just got an email one day with that in it. I'm assuming that by searching their web site for builds and cruising dealers web sites is the reason they sent it to me. It has a deadline of 3/2/2020.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts