Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the Subaru world and new to the forum. I have a 2017 2.5i premium and the stock tires about gone. I’m looking to put some new wheels and tires on. Curious what is a good wheel/tire combo that will give it a good “off-road” look but still handle well on freeway. I don’t think I want to lift the car so I’m looking for suggestions on sizes that will look good, perform well, and no rubbing. Any thoughts? Thx!

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,294 Posts
So you're asking for a KO2 sidewall but a Fuel Max tread?

I bet that would sale well actually.

Like you can get faux bead lock wheels and have a really mean look.

Toyo open country AT2?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,200 Posts
can use a paint marker or brush to put white letters on whatever you get.

my 2000 outback came with "firestone wilderness" written on them in raised white letters,
...not part of the debacle with that label and ford.

but the tread pattern and size were on those outbacks, were the same as the firestones with white wall rings on them found on lincoln town cars in the same year. (smooth on the highway, suck in snow in that 2nd winter)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was looking at a Hancock dynapro, or maxxis bravo 771, or something g like those. Wondering what wheel size and tire size will look good/not rub...

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,685 Posts
can use a paint marker or brush to put white letters on whatever you get.

my 2000 outback came with "firestone wilderness" written on them in raised white letters,
...not part of the debacle with that label and ford.

but the tread pattern and size were on those outbacks, were the same as the firestones with white wall rings on them found on lincoln town cars in the same year. (smooth on the highway, suck in snow in that 2nd winter)
allways thought of those Ko2 versions with white letters but how long that paint marker will hold with tire washing and stuff ?

for good looking tire just choose whatever looks bets for you if its just for look and go for lightest tire too. for me ko2 looks best from side

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
So you're asking for a KO2 sidewall but a Fuel Max tread?

I bet that would sale well actually.

Like you can get faux bead lock wheels and have a really mean look.

Toyo open country AT2?
You're on to something, I bet it would work. I wish I could still find it but there used to be this stuff called "Dirt without Hurt" for fauxverlanding. Basically it was brown silly string in a can with a chopper spray head so you could put fake dirt on your SUV without actually grinding the clearcoat.

I might get back to work on an inflatable nudge bar. Once I solve the velcro attachment situation it'll look unstoppable.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,200 Posts
You're on to something, I bet it would work. I wish I could still find it but there used to be this stuff called "Dirt without Hurt" for fauxverlanding. Basically it was brown silly string in a can with a chopper spray head so you could put fake dirt on your SUV without actually grinding the clearcoat.
if they don't make that dirt spray

eat big at chipolte. wait,...stand next to car bare assed. :11::9:

all the "dirt" you want,...maybe with corn.

= that would be a tough looking rugged car. like survived a urban flood with overwhelmed sewers,

but without having been in one.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Slate Gray 3.6R Limited w/ Eyesight
49 Posts
Its hard to find something that has an aggressive look but doesn't kill highway mileage. I had yokohama geolandars on my last outback which had 17" rims, and they performed better than the All seasons I had on previously. But now with an 18" rim its extremely difficult to find something. Take a look at the Atturo XTs When my bridgestones wear out that's what im upgrading to. Supposedly they aren't terrible on the highway. Grant Wilson had them on his outback, he would know from experience.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Im running the BFG Advantage ta sports. I have about 25k on them. I think they might be my top favorite tire. Price is right, they wear well, my trailer towing hasn’t destroyed them like prior tires. They have been good in Tahoe snow and good at a nasty muddy dump run etc. They didn’t impact mileage but they do have a slight luggy side wall look

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
630 Posts
look into the yokohama geolander g015. had them on my grand Cherokee as the ko2 was a tad too loud for me. they were super quiet on the streets, semi-aggressive sidewall and the tread pattern looks semi0-aggressive too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts