Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am wanting any and all advice on tires for my 09' Outback. A little history; I have used Goodyear Trip Treads on a previous Volvo Cross Country and now my first round of them on my Outback. A mechanic friend says Goodyears usually don't come out round, that is why they wear down quicker.

I do a lot of winter mountain driving in CO and want to know if there is something comparable you guys and gals would recommend? I usually do not swap out tires either. Maybe around the same price as well as reliability. These have been good to me so far, but am open to other options.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Limited, Black Silica
383 Posts
In CO Winter mountain driving I would look at a snow rated tire that you can leave year round, It's a somewhat new class of tire which is four season (vs.allseason) and still gets the winter certification (snow flake in mountain symbol) I usually use the Nokian WRG2SUV , but I am currently trying a set of Hankook Optimo 4S. Really happy with them so far, but I heard they are only available in Canada at the moment, as they were released not all that long ago. I think Perelli also makes one but have never tried it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts