Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
The Search engine won't give you any results, but you can Google "www.subaruotback.org BFG A/T" and you can see some of the past discussions.

I wouldn't recommend them.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
189 Posts
Generals blow them out of the water :29:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've run both the BFG A/T KO's and the General Grabber AT2's on a Jeep. The BFG's had a slightly harder tread compound than the General's. The Generals were just a hair softer/more pliable. I found that I didn't like the BFG's in the snow as much as I liked the General's. As for on-road and highway manners the BFG's inched out the Generals here. And I found the BFG's to last longer with tread wear. However in off-road driving I found I preferred the Generals.

Overall I prefer the Generals due to cost, off-road manners and winter capabilities. However, if I lived where it never snowed I would probably lean towards the BFG's.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
351 Posts
I would want a truck-like vehicle for that type tire. I hope that's fair to say considering I just sold a truck-based rig with A/T tires when I realized my Outback with all weather tires does a plenty fine job for my being off road often (trail builder, ski area director). If nothing else I'd go two sets of wheels for the car if you insist because it's nice to have the road handling and safety.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Met a guy at the Socal Mountain Rendezvous a couple months ago that was running the stock sized KOs on his 2010. He was extremely pleased with them, said the road noise was low and traction was amazing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
reactivity
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing