Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Never seen a modded Baja up close. But I will say one thing, unless you track your Baja, big brake kits are nothing but looks. They don't necessarily stop you better, either. They are built to dissipate heat quicker, and add some performance in pedal feel, etc. But if you upgrade your pads and get stainless steel brake lines, I hear it is a world of difference over stock. Brian

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bheinz57 said:
Never seen a modded Baja up close. But I will say one thing, unless you track your Baja, big brake kits are nothing but looks. They don't necessarily stop you better, either. They are built to dissipate heat quicker, and add some performance in pedal feel, etc. But if you upgrade your pads and get stainless steel brake lines, I hear it is a world of difference over stock. Brian

I don't think i'm going to upgrade my brakes,i was wanting to know if anyone noticed a big difference.some upgraded pads are harder on your rotors.I may do the lines,but thats about it.I think Subaru uses a harder metal for there rotors than others.I know some of the german cars such as BMW,VW use a softer metal as well as some european cars.When its time for pads the rotors need to be replaced also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts