Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a huge Yakima skybox full time on my sled. I'm well aquinted with the fuel economy hit... But I'm curious of your thoughts on the [roof box's] impact on my rear suspension and how to counter what I've experienced as saggy and crap.

Halp!!

-cheers

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
What model, year, mileage?

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,539 Posts
Suspension performance on a 2002 Gen 2 model is bound to be more a matter of wear and tear and age than anything else. Even if the box is loaded to its specified maximum, both the weight of the box as well as any downforce it might generate is not even significant compared to, say, a couple normal back seat passengers. And it's probably empty most of the time.

I'd say keep it on if that's what you like, and deal with any suspension issues as a separate item.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suspension performance on a 2002 Gen 2 model is bound to be more a matter of wear and tear and age than anything else. Even if the box is loaded to its specified maximum, both the weight of the box as well as any downforce it might generate is not even significant compared to, say, a couple normal back seat passengers. And it's probably empty most of the time.

I'd say keep it on if that's what you like, and deal with any suspension issues as a separate item.
That's pretty much what I've been thinking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts