Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve yet to install my 2” receiver on my 2018 OB... but having my beautiful rack lay on the floor or leaning against the wall wasn’t an option.

Nicely made.. great welds and solid- the rack on weighs 40lbs max.... best purchase I’ve made in a while !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium (The Superoo), Graphite Gray Metallic, CVT, Yoko Geolandar G015 AT 225/65R-17
236 Posts
I hang mine from two large hooks screwed to a board that is lagged between two joists. I figure if I can do pull ups on it, then it should be able to handle the Thule. Downside is my method requires a ladder for retrieval. Your setup looks much easier!

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It cost me $40 picked up from a local fabricator I know. Solid guy... he sells them for $50 shipped also. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll get his email to you...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good stuff. I might take you up if we move. Great looking weld and I like the fact it's a tight socket for the receiver. Did you think about putting a hole for a pin in there? I was thinking of doing a ceiling mount in my garage (maybe between the garage door's up area and the ceiling if that makes sense) and flipping the bike rack up.

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My rack doesn’t actually require one- it’s that new system that locks it in with no play...... but he’s coming back to put that in for me... I was too excited and just had him leave it and he insists on it be there

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
440 Posts
A question for the mechanical engineers and/or physicists around here: Would it put any less stress on the wall mount if the mount was high up and the rack was hung upside down?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts