Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all please can you help me I have Subaru legacy 2015 model I replace BIU unit and immo impilefair transponder
used Can anyone help me about this and how can I solve the problem .

thank you very much all

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
What was your problem before changing the BIU and what is your problem now?

What comes to mind is the key programming. You have to have a scan tool that communicates with the BIU or SSM to program the key. There is a section in either that allows you to input the key fob ID you want to use and then it will start with that key. If you have a locksmith in your area with the right computer/scan tool, they will be able to do it. Otherwise you have to go to a repair shop or dealership.

This also applies to extra keys. Any Fob of this generation can be programmed to any car in this way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you my friend for the reply
I replaced the pieces because they are damaged by water
You bought used parts
1- BIU unit
2- amplifier transponder key
What is the solution, what tools do I need and how is the key programmed?
I have only one key used

Attachments

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
As was already mentioned, you need the proper software and you need to know what you're doing, but I've never seen a DIY writeup on this for a Gen 5. SSM3 software was (is?) the only thing capable of managing a BIU replacement/rekeying on a 2015. Not sure if that's available yet inexpensively, but I've heard locksmiths are more commonly able to manage key fobs these days. A few years back, your only option was dealer service:

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Here it is in the simplest form for anyone who wants to program a key fob on 2010 up.

You have to have the software via a scan tool or otherwise to program the key fob to the BIU. Until the BIU has the key fob code, it won't unlock the doors or disable the anti-theft.

Open the key fob and under the battery you will see a small label with 8 digits. That is the key code that has to be entered in to the system.

Key on, software connected to the BIU, you have to open up the program to enter the 8 digit code. Once entered, some of the vehicles will beep upon completion, others won't. You'll know it worked when you push the lock or unlock button on the fob. If it doesn't work after programming, you may have entered the code incorrectly.

You can not program these fobs without the software to communicate with the BIU.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello cardoc thank you so much also AvidHiker
I thank you so much for the reply but can you tell me what is the right tool for this I need more details please
I have little experience about this car
Will it work after replacing used parts?
Someone told me that it should be a new BIU only

thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello cardoc
Your words are not true for this car You are talking about the key code fob key and I am talking about the immobilizer system The car now needs to solve the problem transponder key impilefair immobilizer . That's what I'm talking about about the Subaru legacy 2015 .
Someone said I should take my BIU data from old to new

thanks

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
What was the original problem after water?

I looked further in to the BIU. In order for that module to work on your car, you have to have Subaru Select Monitor or one of the scan tools mentioned above to set the parameters for the options on your car. If you know every option on your car, then you have to find the computer with the right software to change the BIU settings. If you don't know the option settings, then you have to communicate with the one you pulled out, the original, and write down all the settings so you can put them in the used one.

You still have to program the fob because it is part of the integrated and immobilizer system.

You will not be able to accomplish any programming without Subaru software or a copy of that software that is on a scan tool or laptop. FreeSSM will not communicate with the BIU. These scan tools run from $700 to $4000+ USD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts