Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
603 Posts
That's what happens when you pick up strange men who are wearing shaggy coats and you let them sleep it off in the back seat of your car.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,110 Posts
Auto comprehensive insurance coverage may or may not cover damage caused by animals. On the other hand, collision with an animal (while the vehicle is moving) is usually covered.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
That's what happens when you pick up strange men who are wearing shaggy coats and you let them sleep it off in the back seat of your car.
This happens in Alabama in your Merc?

What if you are just really hairy?

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
LOL, there are predators a-lot more scary than bears down here! You should see our politicians.

I only had two animal vs. vehicle incidents down here. A turkey that committed suicide by running across my driveway and a neighbor's dog that decided to jump in my car during a thunderstorm.

Reactions: ncbeachbum

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,500 Posts
N.B. Most auto comprehensive insurance coverage specifically excludes damage caused by animals. On the other hand, collision with an animal (while the vehicle is moving) is usually covered.
I hope I *never* need to deal with this level of detail.

·
Registered
2017 3.6R Limited with Eye Sight
650 Posts
Wow. That car looks like a couple of kids high on birthday cake sugar were in there!

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring 3.6R, '11 Legacy 3.6R Limited. '11 WRX not stock
449 Posts
I like the crankshaft mailbox post.
With all the nail scratches in the door handle well she doesn't take very good care of it anyways. Just drive it hon.

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
474 Posts
The bear was frustrated because his paw was too big to use push to start option. Maybe he really had to go somewhere important. :laugh:

Reactions: psklenar

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,204 Posts
if the bear does not sign up here and report on it's user experience.

what 2015-present year is that car?

it will tell us if the bear was angry that the audio system automatically starts at a dork pop station.

(the # 1 complaint to the SOA 800 number....or it should be)

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
huh, I had a bear attack my car and insurance covered it.

Travelers.
Geico only covers attacks from small green lizards.

---------------------
If you go through and start counting up the damages to the interior it very well may be more than the value of the vehicle. I agree, it may be totaled.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,110 Posts
... I had a bear attack my car and insurance covered it.
I just checked my broad-coverage auto policy, and it does appear to cover damage by animals. (On the other hand, my homeowners policy specifically lists animal damage in the Exclusions section.) Thanks. I have edited my original post.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R Limited Eyesight, 2018 Legacy 3.6R Eyesight
273 Posts
By the looks of the dangling overhead console, maybe a candy bar was being stored in the sunglass holder! We have a home in Estes Park, CO. Although I've only seen 1 bear in 42 years of visiting/living there, the first thing we tell visitors is to make sure there is no food left in their car while parked in the driveway. We want our bear population to be safe. Careless humans cause the destruction of too many of these beautiful animals.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
I keep thinking this is about Black Bear Pass TRAIL destroying an Outback.

Disappointed every time.
Hahah...

:21:

Morning Belly laugh ...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts