Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some new headlights for my 2012 Outback with a black internal housing but can't seem to find a reputable source to purchase them from, has anyone done it with their gen 4, and can you drop the site or place you purchased from?

Many thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Need to find ones before the mid model refresh... 2010-2012.

The black background OEM ones were for the special appearance package introduced in 2013.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited 2013 Crosstrek Premium
34 Posts
I think I've read a post here where someone dismantled a set and painted the inside themselves. I did this to a pair of aftermarket mk4 Jetta headlights. It was pretty difficult to get them apart. Personally I like the look of the 13-14 lights better. I believe they will fit 10-12. Just different part numbers because they changed internally. Can someone confirm this?

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I've read a post here where someone dismantled a set and painted the inside themselves. I did this to a pair of aftermarket mk4 Jetta headlights. It was pretty difficult to get them apart. Personally I like the look of the 13-14 lights better. I believe they will fit 10-12. Just different part numbers because they changed internally. Can someone confirm this?
Well if that’s the case then i’ll definitely get the 13-14 I love the design of them, if not i’ll just keep hopelessly searching the web ):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts