Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Limited Magnetite Grey
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. What did you use on your black Plastic trim as a wax/protectant? I’ve used meguires and others over the years but would like to know what you use and how it holds up. Did you do the roof rails too? Thanks, Ron.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,578 Posts
Hey all. What did you use on your black Plastic trim as a wax/protectant? I’ve used meguires and others over the years but would like to know what you use and how it holds up. Did you do the roof rails too? Thanks, Ron.
Here's a previous discussion but I use simple green all purpose cleaner and then 303

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I use turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray coating on paint and plastic and headlights as one product for all exterior surfaces, except I don't use it on tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Why the simple green? For the road oil and grime or does it make the product adhere better?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,578 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Why the simple green? For the road oil and grime or does it make the product adhere better?
Just for small coffee drops that spill in cup holders etc. It works great for that purpose. Once the interior is wiped down, I use 303 Aerospace Protectant to keep the plastic from deteriorating from sitting in hot sun all day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again thanks. I’ll go get a bottle of the 303. I do like the back to black for my tires as it doesn’t “fly” off as easily as most others do. Is the 303 available in most stores or an order online kinda deal? Hey chvvkumar, I see lots of replies for things from you. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring
140 Posts
Here's a previous discussion but I use simple green all purpose cleaner and then 303

I use what they call a California duster.
great for picking up dust and small dog hairs from inside my car

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,578 Posts
Again thanks. I’ll go get a bottle of the 303. I do like the back to black for my tires as it doesn’t “fly” off as easily as most others do. Is the 303 available in most stores or an order online kinda deal? Hey chvvkumar, I see lots of replies for things from you. Thanks!!!
303 is available at AutoZone or on Amazon.

For tires, 303 does make one product but I find it washes away pretty easily and doesn't last at all. For tires I like Black Magic BC23220. It's foam in a can and sprays on the tire. The thing I like about it is while it works for tires, on the Onyx wheels, you can wipe off the over spray and give the wheels a shiny cleaning as well.

I use what they call a California duster.
great for picking up dust and small dog hairs from inside my car
IK did not know such a thing existed! Thanks for linking it, I will get one as my car is a pollen magnet.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring
140 Posts
The 303 Protectant is great to use on your vehicle's rubber (tires, seals, hoses), vinyl (dashboard, doors, armrests, interior and exterior trim, engine casings, convertible tops), plastic (car bras, gauges, grills, trim, convertible's soft windows), leather (seats, trim) and so much more.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,578 Posts
The 303 Protectant is great to use on your vehicle's rubber (tires, seals, hoses), vinyl (dashboard, doors, armrests, interior and exterior trim, engine casings, convertible tops), plastic (car bras, gauges, grills, trim, convertible's soft windows), leather (seats, trim) and so much more.
It's basically sunscreen for your car.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,578 Posts
What is the SPF?

303 Aerospace Protectant has a SPF of 40, the most UV protection offered by any surface protectant. It will prevent drying, cracking, and fading caused by overexposure to the sun. It was originally formulated for aerospace and aviation applications, machines that come much closer to the sun than your vehicle. 303 Aerospace Protectant is the single most effective protectant on the market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts