Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

Last week I got a 2020 Black Subaru Outback Premium. This is my first "new" car I have ever purchased (2nd car bought in my life) and I am new to modding out a car. Total newbbie in this situation. I wanted to essentially blackout the car...having all the lettering on the back black and adding a black with white stars emblem overlay. Does anyone have time to explain to me what I need to do to get this done? I have done some research and didn't know if I should be going to the parts site and get the Onyx lettering or look for elsewhere? Does anyone have site recommendations for an emblem overlay or black lettering? Is it a sticker or do I remove the old letters/emblem? I appreciate it if someone has the time to give some wisdom to the newbie. I new to the Subaru family and want to make this think look badass.

Thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would buy the onyx emblems and either remove and replace them yourself, or have a body shop do it for you. Vinyl or Plastidip will be difficult to do on the intricate lettering. I also have a black premium, and I will probably just remove by lettering on the back and not replace it. May I recommend that you also check out the black on black mud flaps from Rokblokz, they look badass!
IMG_20200308_112924.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
For vinyl overlays for you Subaru emblems:

I just put them on my Outback and my wife's Ascent last weekend:

IMG_20200404_191742.jpg IMG_20200404_191715.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium, 2020 Outback XT Limited
35 Posts
Link to thread in Gen 5 on using Plastidip to blackout trim/emblems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey All!

Last week I got a 2020 Black Subaru Outback Premium. This is my first "new" car I have ever purchased (2nd car bought in my life) and I am new to modding out a car. Total newbbie in this situation. I wanted to essentially blackout the car...having all the lettering on the back black and adding a black with white stars emblem overlay. Does anyone have time to explain to me what I need to do to get this done? I have done some research and didn't know if I should be going to the parts site and get the Onyx lettering or look for elsewhere? Does anyone have site recommendations for an emblem overlay or black lettering? Is it a sticker or do I remove the old letters/emblem? I appreciate it if someone has the time to give some wisdom to the newbie. I new to the Subaru family and want to make this think look badass.

Thank you!
I just blacked out my 2021 Outback Premium. I replaced the all the lettering with Onyx letters. It was super easy to swap out. You use the packaging the new letters come in as a template so you can put them back in the exact spot. There are lots of YouTube videos to explain that instead of me rambling on about it. I used vinyl overlays on the emblems. The link someone else posted to Orsini is the place to go for that. They do great work. And I blacked out all the chrome with a delete kit from Cruxmotorsports. A little trickier install, but if you take your time you’ll be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts