Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
STUBARU = 2016 Outback Limited with Eyesight (package23+) Lapis Blue/Ivory
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Periodically when the vehicle is started and having driven several miles, the blind spot caution/warning system and eyesight randomly disables itself. This is confirmed by a caution light in the instrument panel. The only way to reactivate the system is to turn off the ignition and restart the engine. If the malfunction is not caught on starting the vehicle the system cannot be activated until the vehicle is stopped and the engine restarted. The problem has been ongoing. WTF?

Any constructive ideas? (don't tell me to "see a dealer" - they have no idea what's happening). This appears to be an electrical fault issue. This is a serious issue and a lawsuit waiting to happen. SOA - please answer.

·
Registered
17 Outback Touring 3.6R blue 18 Chevy Silverado High Country and a 11 Dodge Challenger SRT 8
322 Posts
Having same problem along with GPS locking up randomly also. Been to dealer twice they have no ideal statred after car was about 2 years old.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
1,108 Posts
Mine does that during fog/mist/poor visibility conditions. Also can do it if the interior windshield glass is fogging up and needs the defroster turned on.

·
Registered
MY17 2.5i Limited
37 Posts
I’ve had it happen with the sun being super bright in the morning and during the buckets of pouring rain. I never cared as long as it pops back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited Eyesight - Remote Start - Auto Dimming In/Outside Mirrors
247 Posts
I have never had that happen with mine ('18 2.5i); however, lately it has been acting ... jerky ... having problems finding the right word. For example, it seems to take a little bit longer to figure things out and then it realizes it needs to hit the brakes and then does so harder than normal. When it gets like that I typically clean the windshield and that usually clears it right up back to normal - much smoother - picking up leading cars easier.

I do make extra effort to keep the windshield clean as Eyesight is just as dependent on that as I am. I typically wash the outside windshield weekly - maybe 2 weeks tops depending on weather. Inside windshield stays pretty good. Eventually it builds up the thin film of evaporation for the defrost. Inside windshield maybe every month or two. Depends on when that film starts bugging me. I do NOT clean the cameras.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited -2.5 CVT ---- 'Gone' 2014 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT ---- 'Rehomed' 2012 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Deep Indigo Pearl ---- "RIP" 2010 Outback - 2.5 CVT - Silver - So's my hair
120 Posts
Periodically...
Any constructive ideas? (don't tell me to "see a dealer" - they have no idea what's happening).
You expecting miracles?

They have an idea but just waiting for any warranty to expire.

Your symptoms would indicate a temporary 'blindness' in bad weather which normally go away when visibility improves. I've never had to stop/restart system.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,161 Posts
... don't tell me to "see a dealer" ...
OK.

EyeSight and SRVD (of which BSD is but one function) are two separate, independent systems. This would seem to indicate a problem somewhere else ... battery and charging system, perhaps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine does that during fog/mist/poor visibility conditions. Also can do it if the interior windshield glass is fogging up and needs the defroster turned on.
Mine did this as well. Turned on the windshield defogger and it cleared fogging that began at the top of my windshield (passenger side Eyesight camera). After it cleared, Eyesight beeped and came back online. If your windshield is clear and your not pointed right into a setting or rising sun, there might be issues worthy of a dealer looksee.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts