Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We disconnected the battery on a 2.5 '96 Outback last night to clean the battery posts. The battery ran down before and we didn't have this problem. When we reconnected the battery, there was a clicking from somewhere in the instrument panel (sounded somewhere near the steering column). In addition, the dome light and door ajar light on the dash will blink for about 30-45 seconds after a door is opened. We tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery - no dice. Still does it. The car behaves as if someone is opening and closing a door repeatedly. It will continue this even after we begin to drive the car. I have read about this problem before, but it seems that most people who have it are equipped with a security system/keyless entry system. This outback has no factory or aftermarket security system. We can't figure it out. Hopefully someone who has had the same problem can offer some insight.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
I haven't seen that before, the usual problem is the parking light circuit blinking.

·
Registered
1 Posts

With the fuse in and the ignition key to the off position, remove the negative battery terminal cable.

Then turn the key to the on position and reconnect the negative battery terminal cable.

We did this, based on suggestions on this site for a similar problem. It seemed to solve the problem.

Henry Gibb
Boulder Colorado

1 - 3 of 3 Posts