Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discovered that our daughter's 2013 CR-V (just bought it because we couldn't find a decent used Subaru at a reasonable price) has it too! Drove it last night and it's barely noticeable but does a great job of illuminating the console box and cup holder area. Love it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's definitely ambient illumination for the center console area, cupholders etc. My Chrysler Town & Country also has one, a green one that covers the cupholders (to match the green halo above the rear passenger area and the green lights in the front door pockets). It's hidden a bit better in my T&C, though, on the forward side of the map light hump in the ceiling console.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My 2010 Outback has an "interior LED lighting" dealer-installed accessory. (Someone else had "bought" the car, oroginally, had the dealer install this accessory, and then backed out of the deal. Then I bought it...) This accessory has some blue LEDs in the footwell areas (under the dash), and also some plastic optical fiber that wraps around the tip of each front console cup-holder, which is lit from one or two concealed blue LEDs. It goes pretty nicely with the smaller amount of light from the standard blue LED in the overhead console. But with even more of a blue glow....

61 - 66 of 66 Posts