Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2013 OB 2.5i Limited with Nav and I am having some issues - wondering if anyone else is experiencing same?

The new nav is certainly nicer than previous - but I am having 2 specific issues

1) Bluetooth once connected - disconnects randomly during ride. Yesterday it cut out in the middle of a call, and the day before it cut out about 100 yds from my house - random - no issues in my 2011 limited legacy with the HK -

ANYONE ELSE WITH SAME ISSUE????

2) Voice command seems to be missing voice enabled labeling for speed dial entries - I used to do two steps to make a call - "Dial by name" and then "Dad", etc
Now, I have to do "handsfree" Then "Speedial One" Then confirm, then actually start the call.

New system is not as easy as old one??? Does anyone know if they are addressing this in future update SD card? Really a disappointment to go backward instead of forward in this 2013 Nav voice command phone....

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Just bought a 2013 OB 2.5i Limited with Nav and I am having some issues - wondering if anyone else is experiencing same?

The new nav is certainly nicer than previous - but I am having 2 specific issues

1) Bluetooth once connected - disconnects randomly during ride. Yesterday it cut out in the middle of a call, and the day before it cut out about 100 yds from my house - random - no issues in my 2011 limited legacy with the HK -

ANYONE ELSE WITH SAME ISSUE????

2) Voice command seems to be missing voice enabled labeling for speed dial entries - I used to do two steps to make a call - "Dial by name" and then "Dad", etc
Now, I have to do "handsfree" Then "Speedial One" Then confirm, then actually start the call.

New system is not as easy as old one??? Does anyone know if they are addressing this in future update SD card? Really a disappointment to go backward instead of forward in this 2013 Nav voice command phone....
If I had to guess, I'd wonder about your phone.

What phone are you using? Does it have issues with other Bluetooth devices. Does your car have issues with other phones. If you can narrow it to the car, take video of the problem to the dealer and get it fixed.

No ideas on #2 sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had to guess, I'd wonder about your phone.

What phone are you using? Does it have issues with other Bluetooth devices. Does your car have issues with other phones. If you can narrow it to the car, take video of the problem to the dealer and get it fixed.

No ideas on #2 sorry.
I have a Droid RAZR using Verizon Wireless. It is up to date in terms of OS, and never had an issue at all with the 2011 Legacy Bluetooth

Thanks for the suggestion.....

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
I have a Droid RAZR using Verizon Wireless. It is up to date in terms of OS, and never had an issue at all with the 2011 Legacy Bluetooth

Thanks for the suggestion.....
Hmm, I have a Maxx. Love that phone. Let us know what happens. You might help someone else!!! I'm more inclined to look at the car, maybe it's a problem with the update itself? If it does it with another phone, that will be hard to explain away for the dealer. Maybe, you can get them to put in a 2012 Nav unit. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I have a Maxx. Love that phone. Let us know what happens. You might help someone else!!! I'm more inclined to look at the car, maybe it's a problem with the update itself? If it does it with another phone, that will be hard to explain away for the dealer. Maybe, you can get them to put in a 2012 Nav unit. :p
Going to try my wife's iphone5 see if same happens there.... hoping it is my phone as I want the new Galaxy S4 when it comes out and I would love to have a reason to get it...... :)

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5i/CVT/Graphite Gray
52 Posts
It's android's fault.. my Galaxy S3 is flaky in the Outback too. About 90% of the time it is fine but every once in a while it will loose it's cookies and you have to delete it from the Outback and repair it before it will work again. It will also sometimes decide it only wants to connect for Media or Phone rather than both.

I am on Jelly Bean (4.1.1) and the other super annoying bug is song titles do not send through correctly to the stereo. (I have the non-Nav HK stereo) I will get no song titles with just about any music app I use. But if I am navigating with Google maps it will send random MP3 song information to the stereo.

All this bugginess will probably make go get an iPhone eventually.. I've had an Android since 2009.. the bugs are not really getting that much better. My wife has an iPhone.. I like the stuff I can do on Android that you can't on the iPhone and I like the GS3s monster screen but the bugs are super annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's android's fault.. my Galaxy S3 is flaky in the Outback too. About 90% of the time it is fine but every once in a while it will loose it's cookies and you have to delete it from the Outback and repair it before it will work again. It will also sometimes decide it only wants to connect for Media or Phone rather than both.

I am on Jelly Bean (4.1.1) and the other super annoying bug is song titles do not send through correctly to the stereo. (I have the non-Nav HK stereo) I will get no song titles with just about any music app I use. But if I am navigating with Google maps it will send random MP3 song information to the stereo.

All this bugginess will probably make go get an iPhone eventually.. I've had an Android since 2009.. the bugs are not really getting that much better. My wife has an iPhone.. I like the stuff I can do on Android that you can't on the iPhone and I like the GS3s monster screen but the bugs are super annoying.
My thing is that my 2011 legacy had no issues at all with the blue tooth. It was fantastic. I will try today to hook up the iphone5 and see if that works... Anyone have an iphone5 hooked up to 2013 Nav bluetooth???

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
How do you remove previous (old) bluetooth phone from NAV display? I am lazy to read that thick manual that came with NAV... I have 2 phones on display but I only want to use the last one. When I am on that screen, the "remove/delete" option is not highlighted and therefore I cannot delete it....mind you, I do this, when car is not in motion.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Anobody, please?

Update: disregard - I figured it out....

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP
177 Posts
iPhone5 works fine for me. The three step voice thing is annoying. I have to say, "handsfree", "call Terrell" (btw the Nav is racist, it can't understand afrocentric names), then I have to say "yes".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
iPhone5 works fine for me. The three step voice thing is annoying. I have to say, "handsfree", "call Terrell" (btw the Nav is racist, it can't understand afrocentric names), then I have to say "yes".
So, the question is - will there be an update to the voice commands to allow for one step or even two step dialing?

Also - how did you get it to recognize the name at all? From how it is in the phone book entry?

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium 6MT
34 Posts

I've been on Android since the G1, but I've stuck with vanilla Android since the beginning, Currently on a Galaxy Nexus and about to jump to a Nexus 4. My wife has been pretty much exclusively on devices skinned with a manufacturer UI, currently on a S3. In her Prius and in my OB we've experienced problems with her phone losing sync, and not consistently sharing data, my phone not so much. Don't get me wrong, the vanilla devices have had their share of quirks over the years, but the BT sharing has been pretty strong for me for a while now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts