Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5 Limited White, GPS & Eyesight
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 2.5 Limited GPS/moonroof/eyesight and i'm having bluetooth connection issues with my Motorola Droid 4 phone and the car, never fully connects, sometimes phone only sometimes mediastreaming only. Sometimes both but the media streaming stutters music. Also my phone asks to pair every single time with a manual confirmation.

I can manually generally disconnect and then reconnect but it's a hassle.

Anyone else have this issue or a fix?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited with SAP and the fancy foot lighting inside and out
49 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue with my DROID RAZR. Waiting for SOA to get back to me although I doubt they will have a solution. I've tried everything I can think of including other Bluetooth manager apps.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited
40 Posts
I ocasionallyy have a problem with my non nav limited and my galaxy s3. What i have found is that is usually happens if i turn the bluetooth on on my phone after the car is started. If the bluetooth is on on the phone before the car is started then it connects without a problem.

Mike

·
Registered
2013 & 2014 Outback
268 Posts
When I paired my phone I did not use the voice command.

I went thru the procedure in the manual. Everytime I turned the car off i had to run thru a few menus to get the bluetooth back on.

Then I tried the voice command. It made me go thru another setup. I had to go thru pairing the phone again. Ever since I did this I have had no issues at all.

·
Registered
2013 2.5 Limited White, GPS & Eyesight
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
papa smurf do you recall the exact Voice commands, my outback is not recognizing Pair Phone or Phone Setup, i'm assuming my error

·
Registered
2013 outback with spo and bbp color
1 Posts
same prob here with the phone not connecting with the dial pad or phone book. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have a samsung galaxy S phone with the ics upgrade. I think there is an icompatibility problem with the ics os.

John

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Have you tried re-pairing it? Worked for me. Nexus S running jelly bean os.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited
40 Posts
Voice commands

Phone setup

Then either pair phine or add phone....

Mike

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
1 Posts
Not All Phones are Equal

Per Subaru's website:

Subaru Bluetooth

Check for phone compatibility, automatic reconnection is not supported for the Droid Razr xt912.

Handy tool for checking your bluetooth connectivity. I'm pretty disappointed that I have to go through this pairing process every time (it's like four or five prompts every time I want to pair -- what a pain).

Voice commands

Phone setup

Then either pair phine or add phone....

Mike

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Limited / 2012 Tribeca Limited
26 Posts
Brand new 2013 OB 2.5i Limited here. On the original pairing to my HTC One, it would connect and work great. After turning off the engine then back on, the device would not pair on startup. Had to go the entire pairing process again. Same thing happened 2-more times. Now it works great every time. 4th times the charm?

Same issue with my wife's iPhone except hers took 3-times to remain paired.

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
Brand new 2013 OB 2.5i Limited here. On the original pairing to my HTC One, it would connect and work great. After turning off the engine then back on, the device would not pair on startup. Had to go the entire pairing process again. Same thing happened 2-more times. Now it works great every time. 4th times the charm?

My Droid Razr would do the same thing. Except if I drug the status bar down and acknowledged the prompts, it would connect.

Samsung S4 is just as bad.

Just a friendly reminder - when you re-pair - don't forget to go reset your ringer volume settings so you're not deaf or run the car off the road when the phone rings.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts

Good to know your HTC One is working. Mine shows it is paired, but I have to manually connect thru my phone set-up menu each time. ( I have 2013 OB 3.6R base model). I will try re-pairing a few times and see what happens. HTC and SOA both told me it is a software comparability issue and they each blame the other.

·
Registered
2012 4LT Centennial Edition Grand Sport Corvette convertible
496 Posts
I have the same problem with my Droid Razr Maxx HD. I have to manually pair it from the phone every time. If I don't pair the phone when I start the car, I have to manually pair all of the devices again (Nav, audio, etc.) the next time I start the car. I've tried everything and have searched the web for a solution. No luck so far.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
My Droid Razr would do the same thing. Except if I drug the status bar down and acknowledged the prompts, it would connect.

Samsung S4 is just as bad.

Just a friendly reminder - when you re-pair - don't forget to go reset your ringer volume settings so you're not deaf or run the car off the road when the phone rings.
My Samsung Galaxy S3 works well now without any Bluetooth connect issues since I got the car last October.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 2019 Ascent Touring .... SOLD : 2015 Outback 3.6 w/ES. 18 Crosstrek, 04 Jeep Liberty Columbia. SOLD-13 Outback 2.5 SAP. Traded-10 2.5i Legacy Limited.
237 Posts
Mine worked fine till I got the Aha upgrade then it would only connect or pair when it wanted, streaming fade in and out horribly, would disconnect all the time. Went back to the dealer, he tried deleting my phone from the car and phone and couldn't get it reconnected, then tried his own phone and it wouldn't connect so they ordered a new unit.

·
Registered
'13 Outback 2.5i CVT Prem. & '07 Tundra 5.7 V8 Ltd.
107 Posts
I had similar problems with a BB Torch, IPhone 5 and Samsung S3. I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra and I never had any problems: every time I change the phone (or the wife) I just connect it once and done. It re-connects by itself every time and really quick ... Can't tell the same about the Subie. The climate system seems to work a little funny (always have to manually adjust airflow, etc because it always takes poor decisions) ... Besides the pretty good car, mechanical, the technology sucks. The IPhone connectivity on USB and the USB stick feature are nice, but for the most part this wasn't thought through at all by Subaru.

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
My Samsung Galaxy S3 works well now without any Bluetooth connect issues since I got the car last October.
The S4 will pair with the radio for phone calls. But not media. I have to go into the bluetooth menu and check media each-and-every-time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I paired my phone I did not use the voice command.

I went thru the procedure in the manual. Everytime I turned the car off i had to run thru a few menus to get the bluetooth back on.

Then I tried the voice command. It made me go thru another setup. I had to go thru pairing the phone again. Ever since I did this I have had no issues at all.
That is exactly what I learned. My GF figured this out. Very strange that adding a phone through the voice menu does something different than pairing it through the head unit. It works great now.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
It worked for me!

Thanks for this post! My HTC One had the same problem. I found that not only did I have to re-pair my phone, I had to delete my old phone and my husband's phone twice before they stopped showing up in the Subie's list of phones. Before you re-pair, make sure to ask the car to list phones first and make sure the other phones have stayed deleted. My new phone works perfectly now.

Love this forum!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts