Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2013 Outback 2.5i which I love so far, but the one annoyance is the hands free operation. I can get to where I need to speak a number to dial, but it never, ever understands my voice or adds numbers or a few # symbols here and there. So I worked around that by manually adding in speed dial numbers to save the annoyance of using my voice in the car. Now the issue is the call quality is absolutely terrible. Its constantly breaking up, and I am in a full bar service area. If I just use the phone, bluetooth off, it works fine.

In bluetooth, the music streams great, no issues there, only with a phone call, coming in or out is the sound quality terrible. Is this just me? Or just a bad system from Subaru?

·
Registered
572 Posts
In my opinion the bluetooth works great on the sound via the radio, but the mic does not pick up very well unless there is complete silence in the car

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my opinion the bluetooth works great on the sound via the radio, but the mic does not pick up very well unless there is complete silence in the car
In this case its beyond the mic, its listening to what comes over the phone via bluetooth from my phone. So if someone is talking, or even the dial tone, its crackin like a cracker

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ouch. I have heard that iphone connectivity is a little flawed. The engineeers must have been partial to Android!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouch. I have heard that iphone connectivity is a little flawed. The engineeers must have been partial to Android!
I think I may have figured it out, though its strange to me. I would normally leave my phone sitting under the radio/cd console in the space there. When I moved it away, and put it in the cup holder, or in the arm rest centre thing, the phone cleared up. Must be some interference being that close to the radio/cd player.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The engineers uses common protocols and APIs. As sysadmins who support hundreds of users we see version of software and hardware more than platform or brand as the make or break. We've asked our users to reboot their phones and consider where they are physically and at times learn those are fixes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've had the bluetooth set up in my 2010 and have not had any problems. The sound is great and folks can't tell I'm in the car. I have a Motorola Tundra phone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had the bluetooth set up in my 2010 and have not had any problems. The sound is great and folks can't tell I'm in the car. I have a Motorola Tundra phone.
Thats what I was told as well, nice and clear, just have to keep it away from the radio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
wonderings
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing