Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Canadian-spec Outback with the 'Type A' radio. This has got to be one of the most poorly-designed handsfree systems in history. For some bizarre reason Subaru decided that it was unsafe to perform a speed dial (by pressing a radio preset button) while the car is in motion (you get a 'Sorry, this function is not available...' error).

I'm wondering if this behaviour can be circumvented by disabling the speed sensor signal to the radio. Anyone know if this is case?

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
19' Impreza Sport 5 dr / 01' Forester S / 13' OB CVT / 10' Legacy 3.6R / 99 Mita MX-5
1,213 Posts
I know you posted a while ago, I just picked up a 2013 for the wife today and discovered the same thing. I'm also wondering the same thing. I've only been fiddling with the system for an hour or so. I'm trying to figure out how to dial using the system and not the phone. The voice recognition is horrible!

I have a 2010 Legacy 3.6R with the navi and I was able to hack it to pick speed dials on the screen. I've only started searching how to make the speed dial buttons work while driving (that's all I really would like to do) but so far nothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts