Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my iPhone paired to my 2013 OB (HK, without NAV), and all was well. Music streaming, voice dialing etc. etc..
Today evening, the BT started to stream all by itself.. :rolleyes: And then, when I press the talk switch to do a voice dial, it went back to the "Welcome!!" screen and asked me to pair a headset.. And then when I cancelled the operation, it started to stream music from my phone...
Restarting the car did not help too...
Any ideas what is happening here?

Thanks.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had my iPhone paired to my 2013 OB (HK, without NAV), and all was well. Music streaming, voice dialing etc. etc..
Today evening, the BT started to stream all by itself.. :rolleyes: And then, when I press the talk switch to do a voice dial, it went back to the "Welcome!!" screen and asked me to pair a headset.. And then when I cancelled the operation, it started to stream music from my phone...
Restarting the car did not help too...
Any ideas what is happening here?

Thanks.
These are generalizations I offer my users (I'm a sysadmin) who have all sorts of phones and cars.

Have you bounced your phone? All (Blackberry, Android, iPhone) mine can be quirky with other devices too so I'll start there with troubleshooting.

Next is it seems behavior can be different if you've used it paired via Bluetooth and then use USB input.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I press the talk switch to do a voice dial, it went back to the "Welcome!!" screen and asked me to pair a headset..
This has happened to me twice since we bought our car in March- it's like the stereo forgot that it's already been setup with paired devices. Cancelling the setup and then going through the voice menus, manually selecting the phones by name fixed the pairing issue.

There doesn't seem to be any way to reproduce it. It's a minor inconvenience but it corrects itself without any drama.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
iainb
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing