Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium and 2014 2.5i 6-spd
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A minor concern...still drives me nuts. After I start my 2014 with the 4.3 Display audio unit (PE669U1), my cell phone pairs via Bluetooth just fine. When I drive out to my front gate, realize I forgot something in the house, I get out, walk back, return to the car and my phone has lost pairing with the car. The owners manual says to hit the "talk" key, say "Turn Off" and the Bluetooth with turn off in the audio head. Then I'm supposed to say "Turn On" to restart Bluetooth and re-pair my cell to the audio head. Uh-uh. Doesn't work. When I say "Turn Off" the car says "Phone Book". I have no trouble with any other voice command listed in the manual. I end up needing to turn the key to off and restart the car to re-pair my cell (which has 0 problems re-pairing when doing this). The audio unit is a Panasonic - do I need to say "Turn Off" and "Turn On" in Japanese or Chinese? The only Japanese I remember is "Hai!" and the only Chinese I remember is Mandarin "Wa shu may quo lin".

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited / 2013 Mazda CX-9 Touring Edition AWD
185 Posts
This happens to me as well -- I think it is a quirk in the Subaru Bluetooth system. Sometimes I forget to take off my bluetooth headphones at the office. If I start the car with those still paired to my phone, the car does not connect to my phone and I have to turn off the headphones and turn the ignition off before it will pair. I can't just turn off the headphones and connect the phone to the car -- seems like there is a very limited time window at startup for phone connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this problem all to well. I know this is 5 years to late but I have a way to restore blue tooth when it refuses to pair in the manor you both describe.

1. turn the unit off, so the screen goes black
  2. press and hold the 1 preset button.
  3. keeping hold the 1 and now press 4/5/6 presets together. This takes you into a diagnostic mode. Don't worry we aren't going to do anything fancy.
  4. Now press back arrow button to leave diag mode of the unit. This will actually reboot the stereo and your Bluetooth will reconnect!
No more turning the car off at the next red light!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
this looks great having my Verizon Galaxy note 8 does not seem to have a place where I can enable this. It does have the feature flags and I can turn the switch on there for Bluetooth while driving but if I go to connections there's no way to enable it.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts