Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 limited with the SAP. Each time i start the car i get a notification on my phone(Motorola Bionic...Android) that the car is requesting to Pair and i need to accept it. I have not had this issue before paring with various other bluetooth devices. I have talked to family with other cars with Bluetooth and they do not have this issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Will it pair with the phone? I had the problem of every time I got in the car I had to pair the phone. If I turned off the ignition I would have to pair it again. Took the bat out of the phone and put it back in after 15 seconds, then erased the phone out of the car memory and re-paired it. Worked fine ever since. Not sure that is your problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will connect and work, but like yours only until i turn the car off. When i turn the car back on then i have to repair. I have done what you suggested with no luck. Any other suggestions.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry no. But if it can be paired then it should not have to be re-paired each time you turn on the car. It may be something very easy like a phone set up issue or it could be something faulty in the car. I have heard a couple of complaints with that problem but don't know how it was eventually addressed. Tried to find the threads for you but couldn't. I would think the dealer should be able to address it one way or the other. Sorry I can't be more help.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
I did the same. Frequently, I have to erase the paired cell phone (remove it from the history on both devices, cell phone and Subaru's as well) and then again paired it - and it worked. There is an "automatic" feature, both on car's bluetooth and cell phones. You can disable it and reconnect only, when you wish. I found that the manual pairing works best for me, otherwise these messages are quite annoying....

·
Registered
572 Posts
Make your dealer person do it. I got frustrated in the same way. Its not worth getting frustrated about it. My dealer guy just had me drive by on my way home from work and I made him do it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Had the same problem until I set up both BT-A ( streaming) and the hands free. There are 2 setups! after that I had no problems

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a Blackberry that did the same thing. I finally looked closely at the screen on my phone and there was a check box that reads something to the effect "don't prompt or ask in the future".
Once I checked it, the phone pairs whenever it is near the vehicle and the vehicle has power to the accessories. Even when my wife is pulling up to the drive way and I'm on the phone in the family room :gasp:<V:p, then she gets to hear my conversation.

There may be a similar prompt on your phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
wonderings
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing