Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my son decided to give me his over used iPhone. Took me a week or two to figure out how exactly it all works, but its pretty great. I gave up my old samsung flipper phone for it, but the headset i use while on the road does not work. In my search for a new headset my son mentioned bluetooth....so im here asking. Ive seen a few of you out there with these things in your ears...are they worth it? Do they work good? easy to use? I noticed they have speaker phones as well, i have been eyeing this Jabra Cruiser 2 speakerphone, just wanted some advice before i bought something i know nearly nothing about!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I use a bluetooth all the time, in fact, my bt links to two phones, one for work (nextel) and one for personal use (iPhone). Overkill, perhaps, but I have to stay in touch with my dispatcher at all times while at work. and I like being contected to my family. For me, its great. I have not used the bt in the OBW, but have in my wife's Toyota.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I had an iphone it didn't work with thr bluetooth speaker I bought for it. The mic didn't want to work with the phone for some reason. It worked fine with my droid.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
So my son decided to give me his over used iPhone. Took me a week or two to figure out how exactly it all works, but its pretty great. I gave up my old samsung flipper phone for it, but the headset i use while on the road does not work. In my search for a new headset my son mentioned bluetooth....so im here asking. Ive seen a few of you out there with these things in your ears...are they worth it? Do they work good? easy to use? I noticed they have speaker phones as well, i have been eyeing this Jabra Cruiser 2 speakerphone, just wanted some advice before i bought something i know nearly nothing about!
You didn't say what car you have or version of IPhone but my car has factory Bluetooth built in so that is a way to go too. I use both my car and an "ear hanger." It used to be if you wanted a Bluetooth to work you had to drop $100+ now even the $50 models seem to work good so the question of what one to buy comes down to:

Style- believe it or not some people consider this an accessory and want it to look a certain way. Companies spend considerable money to make their unit to look a certain way at the cost of battery and function.
Function- Are you going to use it outside, maybe with the window down in the car, while working in the shop? I drive and use both hands at my job, I love that I can have a devise in my ear so I don't have to stop working to take a call. Battery life is a huge question and it varies widely.
Bluetooth protocol 2.0-4.0- This a bigger issue today than it used to be. If you want to listen to music you need ADP2 and have the same version or better Bluetooth that is on your phone.

I highly recommend this site for researching units you are thinking of buying:
Product reviews and prices, software downloads, and tech news - CNET

Seeing that cnet has NO reviews on it I'd be hesitant to buy the unit you linked... ESPECIALLY at that price.

I have this one and highly recommend it because of battery life I can listen to music and talk all day (though it looks dorky it performs great outside):
Plantronics Voyager Pro HD Headset Overview & User Reviews - Headsets - CNET Reviews

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The Voyager Pro series are THE best Bluetooth headsets you can get right now. They look a bit large and funky to some, but they are the most comfortable and have the best battery life and noise cancellation. They aren't cheap, but you are getting as much as you are paying for. The smaller, cheaper ones with a single mic and a thin little hoop to go over your ear don't cancel noise very well, and after about an hour or two feel like they're going to cut your ear off.

If you're going to get a visor mounted Bluetooth speakerphone, get a BlueAnt.

Bluetooth devices may seem a little confusing to pair, until you've done it the first time. They really are very simple, and many now don't even require you to enter a code (which is normally 0000 anyway) to pair. In the ear types are normally push to pick up or hang up on a single button, and have self-explanatory volume up/down controls. Better in the ear and most visor mounted types can even be voice operated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use mine every day. Since the Subaru navigation sucks, I have reverted to my free iphone WAZE application, integrates into my stero for a very accurate navigation system. Subura--get your act together with navigation because you suck at it. Its not so much the hardware but your software. I worked for one of the largest companies (Japanese based) in the world and they are great at hardware but they suck at software.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The Voyager Pro series are THE best Bluetooth headsets you can get right now. They look a bit large and funky to some, but they are the most comfortable and have the best battery life and noise cancellation. They aren't cheap, but you are getting as much as you are paying for. The smaller, cheaper ones with a single mic and a thin little hoop to go over your ear don't cancel noise very well, and after about an hour or two feel like they're going to cut your ear off.

If you're going to get a visor mounted Bluetooth speakerphone, get a BlueAnt.

Bluetooth devices may seem a little confusing to pair, until you've done it the first time. They really are very simple, and many now don't even require you to enter a code (which is normally 0000 anyway) to pair. In the ear types are normally push to pick up or hang up on a single button, and have self-explanatory volume up/down controls. Better in the ear and most visor mounted types can even be voice operated.
I second BlueAnt.

Highly endorse Voyager Pro ear unit over visor mount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I haven’t used them yet. But I can suggest new
which are easily compatible with IPHONE and having great features like Auto fm. They produce good sound in any environment and have long battery life up to 15 hours. However this is my opinion, if you still want to know the information of Jabra Cruiser 2 speakerphone then checkout
, here you will get whole information with expert reviews.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
MarcosBrink
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing