Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 outback.
Up until recently I have been able to have my text messages read aloud when they arrive. Since my last phone update the messages aren't being read.
My phone is a Nokia Lumina 710 running Windows Phone 7.8
Has anyone else had this problem with the Outback Bluetooth receiver.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium
99 Posts
Does your phone read them aloud when not paired to the OB radio? It sounds like a phone problem vs a radio problem. The radio will play whatever is sent to it over Bluetooth, but your new phone may not be sending it.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
I agree th limpwrist. I would go to your phone service provider and see if they have a knowledgeable employee or find a forum with other Nokia owners who may have the same phone. Perhaps you may be able to call Nokia tech support also. When I had Bluetooth problems, I also tried other types of phones (my husbands and sons) to see if the issue was reproduced. That helped determine if the problem was phone related or car related. Good luck!

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
You're quite welcome. I was thinking another thing you might ask a tech support person is if you can uninstall the last update on your phone and see if the text/voice works as it did before. I've had luck doing that with computers, but never tried it on a phone. Don't give up if you don't get a knowledgeable tech person on the first try. You'll know when you find someone with the right experience and willingness to help. Be sure and post your outcome!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks aoeifa will let you know. My brother is a computer wiz so he might be the first port of call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts