Subaru Outback Forums banner
241 - 260 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 1500 miles with E30 and CVT is doing well. Granted I’m not autocrossing the car. I’m just driving it docilely as a family wagon :)
I have 1500 miles with E30 and CVT is doing well. Granted I’m not autocrossing the car. I’m just driving it docilely as a family wagon :)
I did have to teach some kids in a 2500 Chevy Duramax what a Subaru can do.

·
Registered
2022 OBW
224 Posts
Map0: Fully disable JB4
Map1: +3psi peak over stock, default map, suitable for all fuels.
Map2: +4psi peak, suggested for 93 octane or higher
Map3: +6psi peak, suggested for 30% E85
Map4: +7psi peak, suggested for 30% E85 along with bolt on modifications
Map5: +7psi peak, no boost taper, more aggressive version of map4.
Map6: User adjustable by RPM map on user adjustment page, values are peak boost over stock by RPM under heavy throttle.
Map7: Progressive WMI mapping, under development

·
Registered
2022 OBW
224 Posts
Update: The other day I was putting around town (maybe 30% throttle) and my OBW bogged as if it cut timing. I logged a session and noticed I was running lean on Map 2 (93+) at 13-14 AFR under WOT. This has changed - not sure if due to colder ambient temps.

I contacted Terry over at Burger with my logs and he told me to set Fuel Open Loop to 30. My AFR is now low 11’s under WOT which is much better.
Shortly after an on-ramp I was rolling off the throttle and it did it again - bogged down - so I contacted Terry with another log. This time he instructed me to set all Fuel Biases to 80%. This was last night, I have not had a chance to test this yet but thought I’d share my info with the group.

Terry’s support has been great with him always responding within 1-2 hours. Anyone else have to get into custom parameters yet?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’ve been running the JB4 E30 map3 for 2000 miles. I was in between running errands yesterday and in the middle I started up the car and a CEL popped. It turns out to be P003A. I cleared the code with the JB4 however I was able to get only 1 psi boost from the turbo. The car runs fine just with zero boost. There are no weird noises or smoking from the exhaust so it isn’t a mechanical issue from the turbo.

someone from Reddit has had the same issue on a WRX with the JB4 https://www.reddit.com/r/2022wrx/comments/y7ztz2
My plan is to disconnect the JB4 and see if the car returns to normal. I stand by my morals that when you mod the car, you take the risks if something goes wrong that could be caused by the modification. I’m having my local independent Subaru shop look at it next week. I will not go through the dealer and not uninstall the JB4 and deceive them thinking it’s stock.

I haven’t had any electrical or mechanical problems with OEM Subaru turbos. Not on my stage 2 STI (5,000 miles) back in the day or my 400whp WRX on E85 (50,000 miles). Those were Cobb tuned. I think the problem I’m experiencing right now is likely electrical possible from the EWG connection.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Took the car to Subaru today and they said there is no ECM update/reflash at the moment for them to do. I already ordered a new OEM turbo. Replacing the turbo seemed to have fixed this person’s P003A. Check engine, x-mode on, safety features off

the old OEM turbo with only 4000 miles I’ll keep. I’ll eventually send it off to SoCal Porting from them to upgrade to a billet wheel and fix whatever is broken. Eventually Cobb will release protuning ability for this car and I’ll swap the upgraded turbo on :)

241 - 260 of 286 Posts