Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 OBXT with 149k on it.

I have a hesitant Bog, when I have the AC on and I am at Idle. Just a little noticeable bog that can be every 10-20 seconds to sometime every second for like 3-4 bogs. Car drives perfect but I am just wondering what it could be since it only does it when I have the AC on. Thanks guys, I am loving this forum

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
It's normal to notice slight power loss when the compressor is active, but it should only be barely noticeable.

The ECU is responsible for activating the ac clutch, so it knows when it needs to compensate the idle for extra load.

But... If there's something wrong with your ac, it may not be compensating appropriately.

Any history info on that system? Subaru ac is very sensitive to charge state. Just a little too much refrigerant and stuff starts breaking or acting weird. Too little and it just won't get very cold.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's normal to notice slight power loss when the compressor is active, but it should only be barely noticeable.

The ECU is responsible for activating the ac clutch, so it knows when it needs to compensate the idle for extra load.

But... If there's something wrong with your ac, it may not be compensating appropriately.

Any history info on that system? Subaru ac is very sensitive to charge state. Just a little too much refrigerant and stuff starts breaking or acting weird. Too little and it just won't get very cold.
AC feels fine. Just when I am at a stop, I feel a bog every few seconds. Kind of annoying, Like it's got a slight misfire. But when I don't have the AC on, it's perfectly fine

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 05 Outback Limited
856 Posts
AC feels fine. Just when I am at a stop, I feel a bog every few seconds. Kind of annoying, Like it's got a slight misfire. But when I don't have the AC on, it's perfectly fine
That's the A/C compressor cycling on and off again.

If you don't like it, don't use A/C. Otherwise, you're just going to have to deal with it. Every other car out there behaves the exact same way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed the same thing on mine. But it’s way more pronounced. It’s really noticeable. And if I have the AC running and I’m not running the car the AC will get really warm and if I don’t turn off the AC it will turn off the whole car.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,427 Posts
LuLu, this thread is 5 years old.

One concern I have with you post is, maybe you have a bad radiator fan.

try a new post and give us more details about your car. Others here may have better ideas about the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts