Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Limited w/rally bits
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dented a rim on a frozen snow bank and I need to know what rims I can use as a replacement. The car is an 08 with 16" steelies (10 hole I think is what they are called). I am not paying $135 from a dealer for a steel wheel, so what offset and bolt pattern (5x100?) do I need to look for as a replacement? What other year Subaru's rims can I use? Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP
177 Posts
I dented a rim on a frozen snow bank and I need to know what rims I can use as a replacement. The car is an 08 with 16" steelies (10 hole I think is what they are called). I am not paying $135 from a dealer for a steel wheel, so what offset and bolt pattern (5x100?) do I need to look for as a replacement? What other year Subaru's rims can I use? Thanks!
Cant you just use the $58 steel wheels from Tire rack? Yes Im pretty sure your wheels are 5x100. 16x6.5

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Outback, 2015 2.5i Legacy w/Eyesight
589 Posts
Pretty much any other model year's rims will work on your car if you're looking to upgrade since pretty much every model uses the same bolt pattern and has a similar offset (apart from the Impreza WRX rims from '04 on and the Tribeca). There are plenty of threads on this. I picked up a set of 4 alloy '04 stock impreza 16" rims in great shape for a steal of $225 shipped last year (I could have got them for $100 if I could have done local pickup, but it was still too good a deal to pass up with shipping for a set of winter rims). It took some waiting and searching to find that deal though. Craiglist and the classifieds on here are a great options too.

Cant you just use the $58 steel wheels from Tire rack? Yes Im pretty sure your wheels are 5x100. 16x6.5
I don't know about the weight difference between the wheels and whether or not just replacing one steel wheel with a different weight distribution would be significantly different than another. I do know that changing the rolling circumference matters a lot when it comes to tires--maybe someone else more knowledgeable can comment on whether potential weight differences of running multiple types of steel rims would be a concern in this situation.

As far as appearance goes, I believe tire rack has a warning statement about OEM hub caps possibly not fitting. Keep this in mind if you are hoping to use your current hub cap.

Depending on what everyone else has to say and how quickly you need the new rim, possibly your cheapest option overall in the long run is to just buy a new steel rim from your dealer or a used one from a reliable source on eBay.

·
Registered
'18 3.6R Ltd
731 Posts
OP gave no indication of what '08 car he has (which probably means the 5x100, ET48 or so spec is OK...but...); without this information, it's clear that OP needs to be directed to a reputable wheel/tire store. HPH

·
Registered
129 Posts
you can bring it to a wheel restore place and have them fix it. also, you might be able to heat it up and bend it back depending on how bad it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts