Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 3.6R Limited and 2004 Forester XS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Outback owners in Austin on this thread? I super need to borrow one of the tow hooks that screws through the hole in the bumper cover, and Austin Subaru and amazon are not timely options. Send me a PM/DM if you can help? I'd super appreciate it (in the form of Tacodeli gift cards, if you catch my drift).

Mark

Any Outback owners in Austin on this thread? I super need to borrow one of the tow hooks that screws through the hole in the bumper cover, and Austin Subaru and amazon are not timely options. Send me a PM/DM if you can help? I'd super appreciate it (in the form of Tacodeli gift cards, if you catch my drift).

Thanks.

Mark

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,324 Posts

Mark

Thanks.

Mark
merged posts, ...I see a flatbed in your future,...as you should only tow a subaru 4 wheels up. (like on a whole trailer / on flat bed).

and not 2 wheels up/ 2 wheels down,

or 4 wheels on the pavement. (unless its a old manual trans, following rules in the owners manual).

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,414 Posts
You will have to disconnect the drive shaft from the rear differential to tow with two wheels up.

It's not recommended but I've done it before when that was the only option.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I’m not towing. I need it as a tie-down point for a kayak. There’s nowhere else to tie down for what I need.

But, yes—your towing advice is well-taken. I’d never let my baby go unless on a flatbed!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,324 Posts
did your car come with one in the tool kit, or back by the spare tire, (somewhere,...maybe under a piece of old pizza under the driver seat??)

57805AG00A is the part # for $18, which fits any 2007-2016 legacy or outback. (if there is a pick and pull open today).

amazon prime has one says you can have it as soon as tomorrow:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01DXP72EU/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eagleeye--thank you. When you pull up that link (which is the link I used last year to buy the one I have), it doesn't show that it's Prime-eligible until you go into "other buying options." I hadn't looked there and appreciate you pointing it out to me.

Regardless, my two-doors down neighbor has a newer OB than mine (it is Austin, after all), so we looked under his cargo tray and found one for me to use.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Limited
1,449 Posts
Realizing you have already solved your quest, I am wondering if the Forester that shows in your user data does not have a tow hook? It should have one that also fits the OB.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,324 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts