Subaru Outback Forums banner

bosal muffler

16866 13
any thoughts on this muffler as a replacement on a 2003 outback h6, bosal part # 229009 from rockauto? the subaru dealership wants 400+ for theirs. thanks for any info.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
01 Outback LL Bean
2,463 Posts
Bosal makes good stuff but is no where near the quality of stock. Their mufflers come with a 5 year warranty I believe and will last that long and maybe longer depending on where you live. I put one on my parents 93 legacy and one of the hanger welds rusted through at 5 years. I was able to repair with some creative engineering. If you want another 100k+ out of the car I would put an OEM muffler on the car.

I doubt they have the exhaust restriction valve system but that is not going to matter much. I no longer have mine on my OEM muffler since I cut it out. :)

· Registered
01 Outback LL Bean
2,463 Posts
I have to update my post as I made a slight error. The muffler that I put on my parents legacy was a Walker. I did put a middle section pipe with a cat in it on the car and that was made by Bosal.

I went home over the holidays to find the ~6 year only Walker muffler completely disintegrated on the inside of the muffler. There was literally nothing left in side the muffler but chunks of rust and one of the two outlet pipes was completely gone. It seemed okay back in April, not sure what happened.

I replaced it with a Bosal. The Bosal seems of higher quality than the Walker but time will tell.

The Bosal mid section pipe/Cat is holding up well but is only ~2-3 years old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.