Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback Premium 2.5i
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install the BOSS Bass600 Subwoofer in their Gen 4 with the standard radio? If so, any issues? Without RCA outputs or a Subaru subwoofer harness, where did you pick up outputs to the subwoofer? How did you tie in to the radio so the subwoofer and the radio turn on and off, together? Any overheating due to the underseat heat outlets?

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
921 Posts
pssst... Check out the audio, video, security, navigation subforum. :D

I went with something similar. I chose this particular unit because of all the reviews. It does well for its size and really helps the main speakers out.

For a stock radio, you'll need a line out converter. It'll take the output from a pair of speaker wires and convert them to low level RCA outputs (The stock speakers will still get their power). I'd recommend hooking the LOC up to the front speakers so if you fade out the rear speakers you'll still have your subwoofer. The amp will get its signal to turn on via a remote wire (usually blue) run from an accessory wire to the amplifier.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/69-audio-video-security-navigation/46199-under-seat-subwoofer-installed-2012-ob.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts