Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How does one know it will work for Subaru. The links on older pist here say they are for Audi and VW. If it does, will it work on my 99 ram?

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
How does one know it will work for Subaru. The links on older pist here say they are for Audi and VW. If it does, will it work on my 99 ram?
They are sold mostly for VW, Audi, etc. (VAG=Volkswagen Audi Group), but work on Subaru's with K-line communications, up to 2009 Outbacks, I think.

The Amazon link above has reviews stating it worked on various Subarus.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I went out to look into a few issues and noticed a puddle of oil underneath. The oil barely reads on the dipstick. At least it is a puddle underneath and not all ran out on the road and ran dry. I will look into that after the weather and my frustration cool off a bit. I really want to like this car. It is all part of buying a well used car I guess.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It took about 1.5 quarts of engine oil to bring it up to full so maybe not as catastrophic as I originally thought. But...that was in a 30 round trip. It is dripping off of the passenger side rear valve cover and appears to be originating at the rear spark plug tube. Is it possible to lose that much from the spark plug tube in that short drive?

While underneath I found antifreeze dripping from near the radiator hose housing but I question if it is actually coming from inside the timing belt housing. This thing is turning into the never ending story.

Thank you guys for all your help so far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So here is where I stand. After cleaning and putting interior together, rear wheel bearings, passenger side cam cap bolts that were missing and leaking, denso upstream o2 sensor, replacing a bad hose clamp on a heater hose, and antenna repair I am on the road. I am not certain if I still have an oil leak on the passenger side head but that is improvement over the large oil leak I did have. The brakes have a pulse so I will get rotors turned. Finally, I hope for now, I need to replace a leaking rear strut. It is good to be road worthy!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
6 Participants
Yukon cornelius
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing