Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around quite abit for SS brake lines.

The best price is around $100 from a couple places, Teague's is one of them.

Where is the best price y'all have found?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Make sure they fit your exact model of vehicle. Stop Tech, Goodridge, and another brand are all about the same construction and cost. $100 for a set of four or just the front? Most likely all four. Teague's Auto is a great vendor, bought a lot from Dale Teague. Call him up and ask him about the exact application. Very nice, informative person he is.
I have the brake line mod on my list also, now it's the money, time, wife giving me the allowance...Brian

·
Registered
384 Posts
Get the coated stainless ones... not only do they come in fashion colors, but they also don't chew the crap out of the wheel well if they rub a little. I have coated Goodridge lines on my Forester. Paid $100 a couple years ago from www.mastrowrx.com. I see they're a wee bit more expensive now...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
mikebike357 said:
Get the coated stainless ones... not only do they come in fashion colors, but they also don't chew the crap out of the wheel well if they rub a little.
+1 on the coated ones. While if you're using the proper lines, and they're installed correctly, they shouldn't EVER rub a tire, the coating also keeps dirt and stuff out of the braids, which would chew up the inner line as it flexes.

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Right now Import Replacement Parts has a discount on Goodridge G-Stops, Brembo rotors, various pads, kits and other stuff over at NAIOC for members. I ordered the G-Stops yesterday for $99+shipping and will order some Brembo slotted (NO FLAMES PLEASE) rotors for $390 (all four) toward the end of the month. If you order online type in "NASIOC DISCOUNT" in the order discount area on the site.

FYI: I had to order the G-Stops advertised for the "1992-2001 Subaru Impreza 2WD & 4WD w/ Rear Disc for all models Including Outback, Part number: 24212" for my 2004 OBw even though it doesn't advertise for that model/year. However the stock lines for mine are the exact same part number as for the 2001 so they will fit.

Cheers!
Subh

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
It's the 4 piece kit and I will definitely report back.
Cheers!
Subh

·
Registered
384 Posts
ivwarrior said:

+1 on the coated ones. While if you're using the proper lines, and they're installed correctly, they shouldn't EVER rub a tire, the coating also keeps dirt and stuff out of the braids, which would chew up the inner line as it flexes.
True... it should NEVER rub a tire... I was talking about rubbing on the inside of the wheel well. I haven't looked at the OBK line routing but on the Forester it swings up and out a bit and could potentially rub against the body.

While you're replacing those lines, swap your brake fluid with some ATE SuperBlue too cuz it's da bomb!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Subhuman
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing