Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
. . Current daily driver is a 2017 Outback.
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . Hello again, ,
. . I'm looking at a 2010 Outback with slight front end damage. . Looks from the photos to be just bumper and grille. . No hood or head light damage. . No air bag deployment. . The owner says it also has "spongy" brakes and the Brake and Traction control lights are on. .
. . What would set those off? ?

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,304 Posts
Off topic:

What do you have dots before and after every piece of data in your post and profile?

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Limited
1,018 Posts
Spongy brakes are typically from not properly bleeding them so air bubbles are trapped in the system or could be low on fluid.

Brake light and traction control light on - could be damaged wheel sensors, especially if the ABS light is also on. Could also be electronics issue.

You can download the owners manual from subaru.com - chapter 3 discusses the specifics of the warning lights and their meaning. Whether they are permanently illuminated or blinking is also significant.

Obviously the best would be to hook up an OBD2 scanner capable of pulling all the Subaru specific codes and pull the results. Short of that I'd ask the owner if the lights are blinking or permanently illuminated and what exact lights they are (they may be saying "brake lights" when indeed they mean both the brake light and the ABS light).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts