Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brake bleed rule #1: Don’t let the fluid reservoir go empty.

What did I do? Just that. Lost track of how many times my helper pumped the brakes and let it go empty. Totally my fault. [Insert loud foul language here.]

After refilling the reservoir, we restarted the bleed process from the furthest wheel and got a lot of air out of the system. We continued to pump (and refill) until no air was coming out.

After starting the car I heard a clicking noise coming from the ABS Module area under the hood. It only did this after I pumped the brakes the first few times then it went away. Did several rounds of very aggressive braking and found everything to be working normally. The ABS appears to be working and the car does not pull left or right when engaged. No warning lights.

QUESTION: Am I in the clear here, or should I still be concerned about the potential of air being trapped in the ABS module? How would one know?

·
Registered
1999 30th Anniversary Legacy Outback DOHC 2.5L 4EAT, 2008 Impreza WRX 2.5L 5MT, 2008 Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4EAT
1,224 Posts
If you got all the air out of the system at the bleeder valves and it operates correctly I see no potential for ABS issues. Essentially the ABS unit is a clear line through it and only when it is activated it shuts off a specific wheel temporarily.

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,173 Posts
Next time, buy the Power Bleeder from Motive Products. Much, much, easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts