Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Tech Pkg
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a progressive style "agility" brake controller, that works with the hand pressure switch on the controller to activate the trailer brakes.

I tested the wires connected to the pressure switch above the cars brake pedal, and none of them seem to actually supply a continuous signal. Only the brownish grey with a white stripe gives a half second signal when the brake pedal is first depressed.

I tried changing the sensitivity on my brake controller thinking it was that, but I couldn't get anywhere.

And ideas?

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Pearl Outback 3.6R Premier
195 Posts
I'm about to install a brake controller. I plan on running a wire to the back and pickup the brake signal from the brake lights at my trailer wiring convertor. I don't want to mess with the brake switch wiring up front.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Limited w/ Eyesight - Magnetite Gray
71 Posts
I'm about to install a brake controller. I plan on running a wire to the back and pickup the brake signal from the brake lights at my trailer wiring convertor. I don't want to mess with the brake switch wiring up front.
On my 2010 I was able to tap the brake switch, however on my 2018 I ended up running a wire to the controller from the light converter in the hatch area as mentioned. Ended up working out great! Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts