Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 3.0r vdc
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 obw with almost 134k. I had the front brakes and rotors replaced at 127k. The back rotors have some rust where I would think the pad would contact. Anyways whenever I brake the pedal pulsates and when braking hard or from high speeds it will make the steering wheel shake. Do you think the front rotors werent properly aligned when installed or I need new rear rotors?

·
Registered
2000 Limited Wagon 5MT
303 Posts
The rotors cannot be installed misaligned. They're either on or off. If the steering wheel is pulsating, that eliminates the rear as the cause. Your fronts are most likely warped. Did you use cheap replacements?

·
Registered
2006 3.0r vdc
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly idk what they used, they put them on along with new tires when i bought the car. Maybe they did not tighten to lug nuts to spec and that might've caused them to warp so quickly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Honestly idk what they used, they put them on along with new tires when i bought the car. Maybe they did not tighten to lug nuts to spec and that might've caused them to warp so quickly?
To answer your question- Yes, if the wheels are not torqued properly, or if they are not torqued in the correct sequence it can warp the rotors. It's not likely, but it can happen.

By the way you wrote the description it sounds like you "hot rod" the car around a bit, (which is fine BTW, I drive my 'vette like I stole it.:D). Did you properly season your new rotors? If not, my guess is that you didn't heat cycle them, and they are probably cheap garbage that the shop buys at a discount, and they are now warped.

·
Registered
2006 3.0r vdc
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol yeah this thing is deff not a vette in any way. and by high speeds i meant like braking onto an exit ramp on the highway, and hard braking i meant like before stop lights when they turn yellow... But you're right i did not "heat cycle" them bc i did not know that was necessary. (This is my first car, Im 17) And they are probably cheap garbage as well. Well i guess i know now to bring it to subaru for brakes and tires. I do all other maintenance myself. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts