Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I bought a 2013 Outback 2.5i limited. Just shy of 800 miles, the check engine, at oil temp, brake, cruise control, and stability assist lights came on, along with a note to check the transmission and the engine. I took it to the dealer, who pulled a code that said the battery was low. They checked the battery, which was fine, cleared the code, did a test drive and gave it back to me. A mile from the dealership, all the lights came back on again, so I took it back. The following day, they told me they were ordering a valve body and I could have the car back the following week. I'm still waiting for the part to come in and the dealership isn't even sure this will resolve the issue. Has anyone had this problem? Any insight into what the actual problem might be? Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fuel system pressure problem

I've experienced exactly the same problem three times since purchasing my new 2012 Limited 3.6R. My code reader each time gave a P0456 code.
The dealer, Mark Miller Subaru-Salt Lake City, said it was a computer problem concerning fuel system pressure. He said Subaru was working on a software fix. The service manager said it was a problem in new Legacies and Outbacks. Each time the problem has occurred, they were able to reset the computer (free) but it eventually occurs again. **** of a thing to happen to a new vehicle. No new parts or repairs should be required.

·
Registered
2010 OBW limited 2.5 CVT
1,602 Posts
A loose gas cap will cause them to light up like a christmas tree (fuel system pressure problem?). In some cases some have had to have the cap replaced because the origional just wouldnt seal correctly. May not be your problem, but would sure be cheaper to investigate than a valve body for a CVT(I know it's under warrenty, but someone is paying the tab).

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had a similar problem with our new 2013 Limited two times. Shut car off, came back to car a few minutes later, and it wouldn't start. Dealer towed to dealership and replaced battery with bad cell. We'll keep you posted. We had check engine light flashing, cruise control light flashing, information (exclamation) symbol next to P symbol, and brake light flashing. E-brake wouldn't automatically release. Dealer said that everything was related to low batter voltage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sadly, we went out to our new Outback this AM and found the Brake wouldn't release automatically, and the check engine light came on. Released the brake manually, but the light still flashed, and Check engine still on. Drove half a block and the AT Oil Temp light and and Exclamation point appeared.

So far, we've heard what service people think might be the prob. (low voltage etc.) But has anyone had the problem actually fixed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts