Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5
214 Posts
kind of looks like it rolled over. The side is flat and the front of the roof rack is damaged. Drivers side airbag went off. Passenger side has some damage but nothing major. Doors dont seem to be pried open so no jaws or cutters use to open them. lift gate has seen better days.

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2011 2.5l CVT
32 Posts
Stay away from rolled overs. Just the front of this car looks fine.All other body elements needs to be replaced, painted and assembled back. That's huge price tag and you"ll never be sure that all will work fine. Forget about any warranty.

·
Registered
Somebody Else's XT
14,444 Posts
That's a mint part-out for somebody with a bit of space & time. Big investment but it will pay eventually.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
rasterman, +1. The tranny alone is worth $8800. With engine and running gear somebody with the werewithall will make a buck or three.

I scrolled down through the pics on Ebay and from the pic of the front seat it looks like somebodys underwear aren't very clean anymore.:gasp:

·
Registered
97 Outback 240000
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonder if it was wrecked during that freak ice storm in January? News said 240 accidents happened in two counties.

Oh and Obnube I saw and thought the same thing about the drivers seat!

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
Good donor car for someone that wants to swap their '10-'12 car to a '13 nose.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Insurance premium just went up a notch for all of us.
Very definitely an E-ticket ride. (only old tymers remember the E-ticket at Disneyland)

·
Registered
374 Posts
How come this premium model has black side mirrors? I thought only the base model come with black mirrors. Moreover, you cannot get moonroof and H/K audio with the base model.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Let's see, new car, new snow storm combined with AWD overconfidence?
It's no secret many cars that end up in a ditch next to an icy road are AWD/4WD.

Reactions: millermmail

·
Registered
97 Outback 240000
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ICE storm, whole different animal believe me. Park the vehicle, get out the ice skates and the zamboni. When I lived in Portland, OR we had a few.

·
Registered
14 Posts

See the "blank" next to the passenger seat heat switch? What's that for? I'm going to install some driving lights in the near future, and I'm likely going to use that blank for the switch. Just don't want to jinx myself if that's an option I want to add in the future.

·
Registered
97 Outback 240000
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How come this premium model has black side mirrors? I thought only the base model come with black mirrors. Moreover, you cannot get moonroof and H/K audio with the base model.
You ask a good question regarding the mirrors...are they just clip on pieces lost in the accident?

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,103 Posts
See the "blank" next to the passenger seat heat switch? What's that for? I'm going to install some driving lights in the near future, and I'm likely going to use that blank for the switch. Just don't want to jinx myself if that's an option I want to add in the future.
Might want to start your own topic on this...

·
Registered
2012 limited, white, no moonroof or nav
1,696 Posts
I am also in the group that thinks this one would be worth more in parts than you would get out of it, when repaired. Might be awhile before you find takers, though.......Very few cars that the parts would fit will be out of warranty for quite some time.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
I am also in the group that thinks this one would be worth more in parts than you would get out of it, when repaired..
+1 on the parting out.

. Might be awhile before you find takers, though......Very few cars that the parts would fit will be out of warranty for quite some time.
Man, I don't know. Gen4's have been sold since late '09. Somebody just posted about an '11 CVT taking a dump and being just out of warranty. The entire drive train should be interchangable. Interior looks good except for that front seat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts