Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback/frost white /warm gray opal/4cyl engine
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2002 Outback I bought came with these tires on it. They look fairly new but do make a bit of road noise. They were set at 28 lbs and was not smooth steering. I raised the pressure to 32 lbs and it now steers much better. I don't know much about Bridgestone tires as I always used Michelin on my other cars and trucks. So far I am really enjoying this car:29:

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
Bridgestone is a brand. What model of tire?

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,665 Posts
most folks do seems to run the tire at 10-15% over the door-card's recommended pressure.

I also found that, when I swapped my WRX's wheels/tires out early in my ownership, the the Kumho tires I got were quieter than the stock Bridgestones. They got a little noisier with wear, but I don't know if the B'stones would get worse - or better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are Potenza, and after a little more research on here I came across some discussions on these tires. :gasp: sorry to have bothered anyone about this question. Looks like I should be on the lookout for something different:D

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Its not a bad tire. I went through I don't know how many various brands and ended up back at the Bridgestone tire after 180,000 miles. In the end I found that they all more or less had various quirks the Yokohama's were the worst and drove me nutz with loud tires after about 20,000 miles. They didn't last any longer than the other brands I tried.

I've only purchased one set of Michelin's and had three tires replaced till they found a set of 4 that were round. No offense but Michelin is no different than any of the other brands except they do more marketing and charge you more money - seems to make people think they are getting a superior product. Mehhhh - not really but hey if it makes you feel good then thats all that matters.

Putting BFG brand touring tires on our car end of this month. First BFG car tires I've purchased - but have nothing but respect for all the BFG SUV and truck tires I've owned

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I am old and on a fixed income so I will have to use them for a while. Just so they are a fairly safe tire. I don't put a lot of miles on my cars anymore but still go to the mountains and get my carving wood to supplement my income, Glad I found this forum...very helpful!! The outback did very good on the back roads in the mountains and we got some good pieces of working wood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information Rob. I checked out the tire rack and they had some good infor. and prices.

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i Limited
380 Posts
I have BF Goodrich tires on mine. The Bridgestone's I had lasted over 62,000 before I changed them and they still had some tread left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts