Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in negotiations with local dealers for a new 2012 that I'll hopefully bring home sometime this week. I figured I could get them to throw some extras in to sweeten the deal. I know for sure I want the rear bumper cover and all-weather mats. I'm curious about what other accessories you guys would recommend. Particularly, I'm looking at the seat back protectors, under-bumper protectors, splash guards, and wheel arch moldings. Does anyone have any comments on the usefulness/efficacy of these accessories? Thanks in advance! :29:

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,644 Posts
We ordered a set of the all weather mats after the fact. They were like $45 or so from subarupartsonline.com.

I do find that the windows in our Outback seem to fog more easily than our other cars though I'm not sure why- I need to get a pair of the OEM window vents.
...weathertec mats are the way to go...nothing will slop over the edges onto the floor. Expensive, but well worth it.

As for splash guards...get rallyarmor. I took off my OEM crap to put those on. They are longer, give better protection, and are flexible so that you can knock stuff off them in the winter.

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
...weathertec mats are the way to go...nothing will slop over the edges onto the floor. Expensive, but well worth it.
I looked at them and didn't like them, especially for the price. I don't go slogging in the mud/snow and then get into my car- they were total overkill for my needs.

·
Premium Member
2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
961 Posts
100 volt outlet, all weather mats (OEM in front, husky rear liner), OEM tow hitch, & window tint.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,322 Posts
Have em swap it to a 2013....sorry had to throw that out there!
OP… post some 2012 number$. Seat back protectors, under-bumper protectors, splash guards, and wheel arch moldings… are just bolt-ons.<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OP… post some 2012 number$. Seat back protectors, under-bumper protectors, splash guards, and wheel arch moldings… are just bolt-ons.<O:p</O:p
I'm still negotiating, but I will post numbers when everything's done and I bring it home ;)

Yeah, I know they're bolt-ons - I figure if the dealer doesn't want to go any lower on price, they might throw them in to improve their bid :D

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
dont waste your time or money on the under bumper protectors or splash guards. get the wheel arch moldings, kinda expensive but they make the car look 1000x better.

·
Registered
2012 OUTBACK 2.5 LIMITED SILVER ICE Metallic, moon and nav free
1,220 Posts
Rear cargo net. Hood protector. You don't need any of the protection stuff you mentioned unless you just like the look.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV imported
21 Posts
For the harsh winters of Canada, I got RallyArmor mud faps, Wheel Arch Moldings, HuskyLiner floor mat, clear bra, air/hood deflector, all weather package (heated side mirrors etc.) and most importantly winter tires.

But if you live in nice environments without snow, ice, slush, salt, sand and mud you can do without the aforementioned.

I just find that cars rust around the wheel wells or right behind the wheels. So I tried to protect that spot in particular.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts