Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2010 2.5L
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Where can I get a new outer hatch panel?

Mine got broken. Attempting to fix with fibre glass epoxy from behind.:frown2::frown2:

Would love some help.
I live in Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,408 Posts
Local dealer for new part. Also check US-based internet dealers for price and shipping cost. (Depending on cost, consider shipping to a border location such as Ogdensburg NY where you can pick it up.) Or, for a used panel, check local recycling yards (Some have pick-and-pull days) or a recycling network such as https://www.carparts.com/ .

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2010 2.5L
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Part Number

Local dealer for new part. Also check US-based internet dealers for price and shipping cost. (Depending on cost, consider shipping to a border location such as Ogdensburg NY where you can pick it up.) Or, for a used panel, check local recycling yards (Some have pick-and-pull days) or a recycling network such as https://www.carparts.com/ .
Thanks for the response, I'll look into those things. Does anyone have a part #? :)
For now I'm using fibre glass and epoxy on the backside.

·
Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,341 Posts
Thanks for the response, I'll look into those things. Does anyone have a part #? :)

Check subaruonlineparts - as far as I know, the numbers they list are Subaru numbers.

HOWEVER - after buying a new one, you will also have the expense of getting it painted to match correctly - and then it will never fade at the same rate over the years since it will not be the same paint.

Of course, you could always have it painted in a contrasting color, like satin black.

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2010 2.5L
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed it with fibre glass. Looks okay. Friend and I are going to do a proper job a little later. :)
I also found the part at my local dealer if I want a new one, but it will be several parts in one kit costing about $375CAD. I think I'll go with the fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to remove that same piece, would you be able to tell me how you removed it or where I might find instructions?

Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts